[015]

02x22
"as i lay dying pt. 2"

Klaus observed the scene before him.

Stefan was right there in front of him, looking subtly petrified, and Mira was just frowning, as if she was confused. Her hair was in two dishevelled braids, making Klaus believe that she did not leave of her own accord.

He noticed she had changed her hair to black, and he had to admit it did suit her incredibly well.

'Well, well,' Klaus taunted the Salvatore. 'This is an interesting predicament, isn't it?'

At the sound of Klaus' British accent, Mira looked up, scowling, and Klaus couldn't help but think how stunning she looked.

Elijah noticed him staring, and coughed awkwardly.

Klaus, realising where he was, harshly grabbed onto Stefan's arm, and sped up stairs, with Elijah gently speeding Mira up with them.

Before they opened the door, they heard Katherine mumbling to herself.

'Absolute idiot Stefan,' Katherine complained. 'Just signed my death certificate. And I actually liked the Little Siphon. She wasn't a bitch like every single other pathetic huma- '

Elijah opened the door, hiding an amused smile, and Katherine stopped ranting, looking embarrassed to have been caught.

Mira immediately picked up the tension between the two as Stefan and Klaus walked in behind them, and she narrowed her eyes.

Katherine had looked away, slightly intimidated under Elijah's stare.

Is that... Mira thought, believing her mind was playing tricks on her. Is the Katherine Pierce blushing right now?

Mira then turned her gaze towards Elijah, and she bit back a smirk.

He is totally giving Katherine the doe-y love eyes right now.

'The sexual tension is through the roof,' Mira muttered, temporarily forgetting that every single person in the room had supernatural hearing.

Klaus snorted, Stefan grimaced whilst Katherine and Elijah glared at her, confirming her suspicions.

She just innocently grinned at them before tuning into Klaus and Stefan's conversation.

'What I would like to know,' Klaus hummed. 'Is why you were planning a snatch and grab of my siphoner?'

Mira ignored the jab in her heart when he talked about her like a weapon.

'Damon is dying,' Stefan said. 'I need her to heal him.'

'Ah, yes,' Klaus grinned. 'Last time I saw him, that pesky werewolf bite did not look so good.'

Mira paled and glared at Klaus. Despite the hand she had played in Elena's death – she still cared for the other residents of Mystic Falls. Damon was one of her closest friends – she didn't want him to die. 'You told me it was just a neck snap.'

Klaus simply shrugged. 'I didn't see the need to inform you,' Klaus said, turning his attention back to the vampire. 'You see the thing is Stefan, Mira is not leaving my sight. So, I have an alternative solution.'

Mira narrowed her eyes. Klaus had been a gentleman to her all the way up to breaking the curse. She couldn't figure out whether it was because he was using her to break it or if he was doing it to guard himself and seem stronger in front of Stefan.

Either way, she didn't like it.

Klaus sped towards Katherine, and bit her on the arm. Mira's eyes instantly went wide, and she meant to walk towards the doppelganger when Elijah held her back. 'Just watch,' he whispered. 'She'll be okay.'