Chapter 13

Lucas pov

I stand beside her bed as I watch her sleep, this has become my routine for the past two months. Wake up, go to class, watch over her during periods when am not having a class, avoid her when she follows my scent. Later at night I come to watch her sleep, at first she looked beautiful and well rested now I feel guilty because yes she obviously is still very  beautiful but now she just looks tired and restless. What makes today bad is the swelling of her eyes.

She was crying and I feel so bad that I made her cry. I sit besides her now running my fingers through her hair enjoying the way she leans towards my hand.

I know what am doing is a dick move but what can I do. Am a very selfish person and I want her to crave me at the end of this game, my brother isn't happy about this and neither are her friends but they have to understand, My mate is stubborn and talkative.

I continue running my fingers through her hair being the only thing calming my beasts down.

" Isa come out " I whisper still running my fingers through her hair.

" Mate " she says

" can you please stop punishing Elena now " I know I always ask this everytime I come watch her sleep but this time am hoping she listens. I have been asking her when I realized she wouldn't stop after 2weeks had passed.

" Why should I, she hurt mate " she grumpily responds.

" But I told you I forgave her and she needs you. Come on " I say

" Fine, I will listen to mate and also because I feel bad " she says

" Thank you" I respond and give her a peck. I let my wolf come out to talk to Isa then later on my vampiric side.

At some point I wake up cuddling my mate and carefully untangle myself from her. I look at the time and realize it's 5 in the morning. I look at her one more time and jump out of the window then speed to my house.

I throw myself on my bed and go back to sleep

. . . . . . . . .

I wake up somewere around 10am and head downstairs to eat some breakfast when I find my brother's mate making pancakes.

Oh I didn't tell you, Jackson and Aurora made up and are fully mated, Fuck am so jealous.

Petty I know.

"Hey" I greet her

" Oh hey, we heard you coming in around 5 today, did you make up " she asks sounding hopeful like everyone else.

" I just overslept " I reply stealing some pancakes so I can eat.

" You don't smell marked so that means you haven't made up " my brother says upon reaching the kitchen.

" Can everyone stop being so pocky. Am tired of the same questions " I sigh

" We wouldn't be pocky if you just stopped this game you are playing " Jack says

" I know what am doing " I say looking at him irritated

" I know I haven't known her yet but I see her in campus, talk to her please, she looks miserable "  Aurora says in a calm voice

" Fine, I will talk to her tomorrow " I sigh

" Yey, thank you" she says happily

Am about to respond when my mate's scent suddenly feels near. I Know her scent is on my skin because I was cuddling her but now it just feels like she right outside.

" Well, looks like tomorrow became today " Jack smirks

She knocks, I freeze. Aurora and Jackson are telling me to open the door with their eyes. I look at the door then back at them, the door again and then back at them and then I dash to my room. Am such an idiot

Minutes later I hear steps coming upstairs and the scent is hers. I wait by the window deciding whether I should jump or talk to her. She knocks and waits for my response, wow she is actually here.

" Who is it " I ask playing dumb. No response

"I said who is at the door" I say pretending to sound irritated when am not. Again no response

" Come in since you don't talk " I say as I comfortably situate myself on the window seal. It is my only escape route. Then she enters

" Ummmm " she says looking down

"Close the door behind you " I say trying to sound calm but it sounds stiff and nervous.

She closes the door without looking away from my eyes, she looks well rested like she had the best sleep of her life. My beasts feel so proud they helped our mate, they want to come out but I push them back.

" So " I say looking at her after i decided to move to my bed

" Ummm. How are you" she says looking down

" Am okay, why are you looking down " I respond

" Am okay thank you for asking " she says with so much sarcasm 

" So what brings you here " I ask

" I.. I want to thank you for your help, what I mean is that thank you for the scent you gave to me, I mean the teddy bear was so cute... No it helped with calming my bond to you " she stammers.

" What " I say raising left eyebrow

" I mean thank you for your help, ummmm with my wolf, amsorry" she says

" I didn't hear the last part " I tell her because her squirming looks cute 

"  Am sorry " she says while facing downwards and playing with her fingers

" I want you to look at me " I remind her

' stop being a jerk to mate ' my beasts tell me

' shut up guys ' I say back and block them

" I said am sorry " she says looking at me and sounding more confident

" Anything else " I say trying to sound like a jerk but it comes out more of a plea.

" yes actually " she says while walking towards me with more confidence

" okay " i respond and try to move move further

i watch her continue walking towards me, like she has now become the predictor and i the prey. if not to make it more embarrassing she chuckles when she reaches me. 

" do you know you are such a dummy " she whispers in my ear and turns and then jumps out my window landing on her paws.

After recovering from the shock i look down my window to find the most beautiful wolf i have seen, i want to take my time admiring her when she decides to run into the woods behind our house as if she is challenging me.

I know what am about to do will ruin my plan but we all know my plan got ruined the moment i decided to not jump out of my window and run 

the chase is on princess i murmur before jumping out and shifting