Chapter 1 - "Seriously, Joe!?"

Kat headed to the bathroom to wash her hands after dealing with a specific chemistry compound in the Lab. She saw a note with her best friend Joe's handwriting. It said "Please STOP stealing our soap! We need to wash our hands! -Sincerely, Joe." Kat shook her head. Joe was always joking around with stuff like this. Kat would go over to the sink and turn on the faucet, putting some soap on her hands. She didn't see the soap come out (it was invisible soap) so she pressed it about 4 more times. Kat scrubbed her hands with the soap- was she hallucinating? It looked like the soap was... Growing... Everything got dizzy... Kat then blacked out.

Kat woke up, rubbing her head. What had just happened? She put her hand down, and paused to stare disbelievingly at it. It was a dark mint color, and it had- fur? It looked as if it was a paw, not really a hand anymore. Kat shook herself, getting up and realized she herself was covered in mint fur. She could hear better, and smell better... She looked over at the mirror and covered her mouth in a shriek. Kat looked like a goo monster made out of soap! Her eye color had changed to a dark green, and she looked like a giant, human-sized squirrel. And most of all, her tail was absolutely huge! At that moment, Kat realized she looked similar to the Test Subjects who were experimented on. But how could this happen!? It was just soap!

Kat heard footsteps outside of the bathroom, and she jumped to hide beside where the entrance was, while the guards walked off. As the footsteps faded, she heard another set of footsteps. Someone walked in- not just someone- Short, shaggy brown hair, light brown skin, janitor outfit, and teal eyes. He was holding a mop, whistling. He paused and looked over at Kat. She leaped at him and covered his mouth as he let out a shrill scream. "JOE!?" Kat whispered to him. "KAT!?!" Joe said as he stepped back. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?" Kat shook her head. "Quiet, you dunce! Anyways... I was just using some soap and... and this happened-" Kat paused suddenly, staring at Joe. He had one of those "oh god what have I done" expressions. "Joe?" Kat tilted her head. "IM SORRY IM SORRY THIS WAS MY FAULT- I ACCIDENTLY SPILLED SOME CHEMICALS IN THE SOAP- I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FOR THE TEST SUBJECTS- I- I didn't think it was that big of a deal I-" Kat slapped Joe across the face. "Your an idiot. What am I going to do? If I even take a step out there, they'll think I'm a subject." Kat started to pace around the room. "Dammit, Joe!"

"Seriously?" Kat looked at Joe who had just come back from getting a disguise for Kat. It was a hazmat suit, with the helmet and everything. "It's the best I could find! Sorry..." Kat sighed. "It's fine, it's fine, give me the suit." Joe handed her the Hazmat Suit. She'd slip it on and pull on the helmet. "Er-... What are we gonna do about the Tail though, Katty?" Joe asked. "Stuff it  down the suit!" Kat said, already trying to shove the tail down the pants of the Hazmat Suit. "Are you absolutely sure this is gonna work-? I mean- What if we can't make a cure? What if someone finds out? What if---"

"Joe, It'll be fine! Just look on the bright side- now we know a new Gootraxian! Hmm- What should we even call it though..? Soap monster? No, that's too obvious-" 

"What about... Feizao? It means 'Soap' in chinese." Joe suggested. "OH! YES! That's amazing, Joe! For once your not an idiot!" Kat grinned. "Feizao!" After a little while Kat and Joe did a dramatic slow walk out of the bathroom. Two guards stood there, one staring at them, the other pulling down their sunglasses. "You guys are hilarious." The one without sunglasses said skeptically. "SHOOSH TIM!" Kat barked at him, and Tim shrunk back. "W-Whatever- Just go get to work already-" Tim looked annoyed now. Joe and Kat walked off and headed to the Lab. They encountered a few guards here and there, but none of them interacting with either Kat or Joe. They went past the Shark Subject Containment Room, and the hallway next to the Garden Subject Containment Room. They then reached the Laminax Reception Room, passing it they finally got to the actual lab part of the facility, with all the sectors and high-security containment. Kat hurried along, Joe trying to catch up as they reached the door as it opened automatically. Now this room was quite a large one, around the sides there was a few shelves with suits, boxes, and papers on them. In the middle, a giant high-security, toughened glass containment which covered most of the room. Inside the containment were a few trees, grass, and a couple of rocks. But what was currently sleeping inside was a Panther Gootraxian Test Subject. A few scientists were gathered around the containment, writing stuff down on paper. The Panther opened one, glowing yellow and red eye, looking cautiously through the glass at Kat. Why was the subject watching HER, of all people? Could they smell the soap? No, not through the glass... Wait a second, soap? Kat sniffed the air around herself, and it smelled a LOT like soap. Something was wrong. Without a word she grabbed Joe's hand and ran across the room to her own little room for studying, doing chemistry, such and such. "What's wr-? Oh. You smell like soap-" Joe looked a bit confused. "Why do I smell like soap!? Well, I'm made of soap but I didn't smell like soap before!" Kat was starting to panic. What was going on? "Uh, Kat-" Joe was pointing at Kat. "What? What could possibly- O h." Kat looked down at the hazmat suit. Liquid, mint colored soap was pouring out of it.