Chapter 5 - "Nightcrawler"

"Alright this is not good-" Kat decided as the modified Buck was hissing and lashing it's tail. "But... What do I ... Call you?" Kat thought, mostly to herself, almost forgetting that it was snarling at her currently. "Err- Guard, take them to a heavy-glass containment please-" She said as the guard came along and put the neck thing around it, taking it away. After a few minutes of just sitting there Kat heard a few screams and a huge crash. She ran out to see a giant impact in the ground, two guards laying down rubbing their heads. The Buck was gone- no where to be seen. "Where did they go!? What happened?!" She bent down to help a guard up. "I-It smashed the ground and- it glowed purple and ran off at the speed of light! Goodness gracious-" he remarked. Kat tried to sound serious. "Alright, What is your name?" She asked him. "Uh- My name is- err- Alex..."

"Alright Alex, I need you to tell me exactly which direction they ran off." Alex the Security Guard pointed to where the - oh no... the gardens... Kat got up and took off her hazmat boots and gloves, proceeding to run on all four legs and at full speed, her tail dragging behind her. She saw Joe drinking coffee in a storage bay and grabbed his arm. "EHH, HI, I MODIFIED A BUCK AND NOW IT RAN OFF TO THE GARDEN COME HELPPP" She screeched at him and proceeded to drag him over to the garden doors without an answer. She dashed through the automatic doors and held her panicked shriek by covering her mouth. The Buck was prowling around with it's long claws unsheathed.  What Kat was wondering was; where was all the Garden Gootraxians? She was confused for a while until she spotted a few Plantix hiding in shelves, shaking in fear. Joe grabbed Kat by the arm and hid both of them over by some bags. It didn't seem like the Buck noticed. "What. Did. You. DO?!" Joe whispered in a frantic tone.

"It was just- I- The Shork's veins looked so much like the Buck! I was curious I-" Kat stuttered. "YOU WERE SUPPOST TO BE WORKING ON THE CURE NOT- NOT- THIS!" Joe said, sounding more frantic then before. "I know, I know- Also we can't keep calling it a Buck, it's definitely NOT a Buck anymore." Kat said, trying to get aside from the point. "True- What about Nightcrawler?"

"Oooh, I like th-" Kat was cut off due to the growl of the Nightcrawler. Oh, right- Yeah. Kat and Joe looked over the side of the wall to see the Nightcrawler going near a Plantix's hiding spot. Joe threw his coffee across the room to attract the Nightcrawler's attention. The Nightcrawler turned it's head and walked over to the coffee, grabbing it. The Nightcrawler's claws squeezed into the cup and spurts of the latte came out from the holes it made. Kat heard Joe whimper.

After a few minutes of distracting the Nightcrawler, four Security Guards barged in with the neck things and the electrocution sticks. The Nightcrawler hissed as one of the Guards electrocuted it, while the other three put the rope of around it's neck. They took it out of the Garden while the Plantix's, the Figs, the Slime Pups and such stepped out of their hiding places, thanking a few guards on the way. Kat and Joe got up, too, and went out of the garden. "Kat, what the crap?" Said a new voice, as Chelsea came over, looking rather pissed off. "I- I'm sorry Chelsea..." Kat looked down at her feet, feeling bad. She had made a monster, and put the Garden Subjects in danger. Kat had done that, and it was all her fault. Chelsea put her hands on her hips and sighed. "Kat, this is your first, and last warning. Create a subject this dangerous and have it escape is breaking so, so very many rules. Don't do it again, or I will have to fire you, and I don't want to do that to my own sister." 

After a few hours of putting the Nightcrawler in an actually safe containment, Kat let out a long sigh and went back to her mini science lab room. She got back to work on trying to figure out how to make the cure for the Gootraxians, and most of all her and her sister.

 It had been about three hours now, and Kat was wondering if she even wanted to make the cure at all. After how useful she had been as a Feizao, and how absolutely awesome it was to actually FIGHT a Panther and win... As a human she could never do that, she would most likely just die instead. Or get injured severely. The Panther would have been the one hunting HER down, not her hunting IT down. Plus, what if other Gootraxians wanted to stay like this, too? How could she take that away from them just because she needed research and experiments? But it was her job, and she needed to do this... no matter how hard (or stupid) it was.

Joe and Chelsea came in. "How is the cure going so far?" Chelsea asked Kat. "Not so good. I haven't gotten much progress on it and I'm not sure how much more time I can work on it before I fall asleep on it." Kat responded in a tired tone. "You should take a break!" Joe piped up, looking... oddly confident. "Joe what is your plan, tell me n o w" Kat gave him a dead stare. "N o t h i n g g g-"

"FINEE. I really wanted to work on it with Chelsea! Please? I wanna see how all this science stuff works! I know I'm just a janitor, but..." Joe said. "Fine. You can work on it WITH Chelsea." She turned to Chelsea. "Don't let him work on it by himself." Chelsea nodded in response. "Alright... I'm gonna go take a break." Kat said, walking out.