Chapter 10 - "End"

"Viper, eh?" Kat said. "Anyway, Viper. Do you want the Cure or not?" Kat asked, rather annoyed.

"No, I'm fine being the Gootraxian I am, thank you very much." She said, showing her fangs a bit before walking off to her containment, with guards showing her the way. "Rude much?" Joe murmured next to Kat. "Yeah-" She replied. "Well, that's everyone. I'm taking a hecking nap now, I need one."

Kat walked off to the sleeping quarter- but felt something wasn't right. It felt as though something was watching her... She sat down on her bed and looked around wearily. "Is anyone there?" She asked out loud.

No response.

Kat shrugged, proceeding to take a nap.

Kat dreamed about that weird glitching crystal. What was up with that, even? It was nearly scientifically impossible, and yet the crystal held visions. The others noticed it too, obviously... so it couldn't have been impossible if it did actually happen. When the crystal was glitching... Kat's biggest question was... why did she feel so connected to it for some reason? She felt as though she had seen that... glitching... somewhere before, but yet she had never seen something like that in her entire life.

Kat felt a prick on her shoulder and woke up. A masked figure had put the cure into her shoulder. "AH-- WHAT THE HECK!??" She yelped. They jumped back.

Kat began turning into a human again. "NO-" She screeched. Kat looked up and the masked figure was gone. Kat looked around, getting up.

She was human.

She wasn't a Feizao anymore.

Today is the worst.

"No, no no no-" Kat started to panic, looking around for the masked person frantically. Where did they go? Why did they do that? Kat heard people coming toward the sleeping quarters- most likely Chelsea and Joe coming to see what was going on. Kat needed to find a way to become a Feizao again before they came here- They'd be worrying too much... but how?

Well, first off, Kat locked the door so they couldn't come in. She just needed to look around and find the masked person, right? Easy! Just find a random person in a giant room full of beds and places to hide. 

Darn it. This is gonna be way harder then she thought. She began searching the room, checking each and every bed. The bunk beds were kind of hard to reach, since they were so far up, but she checked them anyway.

Kat didn't find anything- and her last resort was the place she very much did not want to go.

The Vents.

Literally, in every movie you always go through the vents, and then you fall down or something like that. But to be fair, this isn't exactly a movie, it's real life... so Kat went for it. She took the vent door thing out and crawled through, looking around and being extra careful. Kat was a little bit stressed out due to taking the cure and not wanting to.

She was also a bit confused because the masked person was standing right in front of her, and yet they had disappeared in the blink of an eye. How had they ran off so quickly? It wasn't scientifically possible.

A g a i n .

Since the lab was absolutely massive, it took her hours to crawl through the vents, checking every nook and cranny.  After a while, she heard yelling way back near by the Sleeping Quarters. It sounded like Joe and Chelsea had gotten in finally. That probably means she should hurry- especially if Kat doesn't want them worrying about her every nanosecond. Kat kept crawling around the vents, a bit more quickly now. Then, finally.

She saw them.

The masked person was sitting down in the vent near the cafeteria, seeming to be working on something in their hands. She yelled at them. "HEY! YOU!" They jumped, looking back at her with surprised eyes. Their mask was off, but they had a scarf around their mouth and nose. The person had 1 purple eye and a blue eye, which was odd. Their hair was covered with a Balaclava.

Kat leaped at him, both of them falling out of the vent. The people at the Café got up, alarmed by this. Kat scratched him in the face, taking off his balaclava and scarf. Finally, she saw his entire face. He had yellow-to-blue-to-purple hair, a Holo style. They had some sort of badge on their clothing. It symbolized a cog and wings, all in copper.

Suddenly, something REALLY unexpected happened.

Weird, spider like legs came out of their back. They looked mechanical. They grabbed Kat and held her up in the air. "LET GO OF ME!" She screeched. If she was a Feizao, she could easily break these things.

The person threw her against the wall and she blacked out.