Chapter 2 - "We need to make a cure."

Kat paced around, clearly panicking. Puddles of soap coming from the Hazmat Suit were forming on the ground. She looked up at Joe. "What the heck are we going to do, Joe!?"

"Why would I know? Your the scientist, aren't you?" Joe said. "OH HUSH!" Kat snapped at him, obviously frustrated. Joe grabbed his mop, trying to pass the time by wiping up the bubbly soap on the ground. He accidently stepped and it, and slipped. "EEP-!" Joe shrieked, now covered in the soap. "Aw man! This is a new Janitor Outfit!" He got up, raising his soapy arms up pathetically. "Maybe... Maybe it's an ability? I mean, this is a new Gootrax. It may have some features we don't know about yet, maybe this is one of them...?" Kat suggested, thinking hard.

"We should name it something." Kat decided after a moment or two. "The ability. It made you slip, so maybe... Slip soap? Slippy?" Joe looked at her crossly, and said "How about Slippery?"            "OOOOH! Yes I love that. Slippery it is. Who knew you were so good at naming, Joe?" Kat grinned. "Well..." Joe put his hands behind his back, remembered he was covered in soap then went to grab a random towel on a rack for experiments. He used it to clean off the soap. "Eugh... Still, it's really kind of gross-" Joe said. Kat walked around, and realized the soap had stopped coming out of the Hazmat Suit. "Oh, thank god-" She sighed, and Joe went to get a mop. "I know your like- made of soap or whatever- were you like- Melting? Or something?" Joe said, cleaning the puddles up. "I have no idea!"

A loud, clear voice was heard throughout the entire facility.

"Testing time for Subject 012. Dr. Kat, Dr. Donna, Dr. Ashley and Dr. Chelsea, please report to the Panther Containment."

That was an announcement. Kat looked at Joe, shrugged, and went out of the room to the containment. Joe followed closely behind, but went to go to lean on the wall, just to watch. Three more scientists came over, one of them, Chelsea, she knew. Her and Chelsea are sisters.

Chelsea was standing beside Kat, looking at the panther. She leaned closer to her and whispered, "Why are you wearing a Hazmat?" Chelsea asked. "I'll tell you about it later. We need to focus on the Panther. It's the most dangerous Gootraxian we know so far." Kat said hastily. All four doctors watched the Panther in the containment as two guards went in with Hazmat's and shockwave rods, along with two black sticks with circles at the end, which can tighten on a creatures neck. Kat felt really bad for the Panther... It was still a human being, and it was being treated like THIS. The Panther got up, hissing at the guards, baring it's fangs. One of the guards stepped forward and tried to put the neck thing on, but the panther jumped back and snapped at them. The other guard electrocuted it. Kat looked away for a moment to see Joe was watching this in horror. At least they both felt the same way.

The first guard finally managed to put the neck thing on the Panther, tightening it. Kat stared at it. It looked way too tight... The poor thing would choke... The other guard held the neck thing and the rod in the other hand, putting the neck thing on the Panther for double precautions. The Panther growled and hissed, as one of the guards electrocuted it again. The guards, very slowly, got the Panther out of the containment, and rushed to one of the testing areas in the right side of the room. All the other scientists followed, and so did Kat. The three other Scientists went to the glass room which was safe to observe the subject, but Kat went inside as the guards took the neck things off, holding the rods protectively. Both guards went behind the line in the middle of the room and gave a threatening look to the Panther. The panther hissed, but it didn't attack. Instead it slowly walked forward, it looked Kat straight in the eye. Kat's face was invisible from the helmet to the Hazmat suit. How could the Panther see her? Did that mean they knew she was one of them?

. . .

The lights went out.

Everything was pitch black. But only for a moment. For some reason, Kat could now see in the dark. All the doors were open due to the electricity in the lights going out, and that electricity connected to the doors. There was a few screeches. Did this mean some of the Subjects got out?

Kat was panicking, and stopped only to realize the Panther was gone, and so were the guards. Kat instantly ran out, looking for Joe. It seemed as if she was the only one who could see in the dark, due to becoming a Gootraxian. She saw Joe huddled up by the wall, looking scared. She touched his shoulder and said. "It's me, Kat." Joe jumped but calmed down. "Kat? I can't see you-" Joe said, looking around. "Joe. Listen to me, and listen to me closely." Kat said seriously.  Joe looked at her, probably from the sound of her voice.

"We need to make a cure. Not only for me, but for the subjects, as well. I never tested on the Panther before... The things they did to it... Well, you saw."

"Oh and, the Panther got out."