Chapter 6 - "Mesmerizing Crystals"

Kat had gone to the Crystal Caverns to relax. Whenever she was surrounded by such beautiful, interesting crystals she let all her problems melt away. But... there was one problem she just couldn't stop thinking about.

What if the Gootraxians didn't want the cure?

Why did she feel like she DIDN'T want the cure?

The second one was the weirdest, in her opinion. Being a Feizao didn't only give her a chance to put herself in the Test Subjects' shoes, but it also made her feel like herself. She was still so confused about this, but she was on a break, so she couldn't let all that get to her right now.

Kat had always wondered if there were other universes out there. She looked at a crystal and it's light blue colors swirled with beauty and shine. Wait a second.

Kat looked closer- was that? No... She saw... Gootraxians... in the crystal... as if it were a vision, but trapped inside the crystal. One of the Gootraxians was a Lang, and they were just... wandering around the lab? The lab looked - different. There was no security guards, no Gootraxians in the containment, no scientists, and no janitors. What in the world? Kat blinked and got up- a moment later the vision on the crystal was gone. Kat immediately pulled out a tiny little pick and a zip lock bag. She opened the bag and picked out a small piece of the crystal that wasn't even the size of her pinky finger. Kat put it into the bag and ran off to her mini lab room, where Joe and Chelsea were. "Nope, get out, out out- now." She said, putting the bag with the crystal on it onto the desk where they were working.

"What?"

"Why?" Joe and Chelsea said at the same time. "I found something really weird, screw my break, I need to look into this. This IS my break. Out." Kat said hastily and sat down, pushing Chelsea out of the way. "Why do you have a piece of the Kaiju Crystals?" Joe asked. "JUST GET OUT- Please-" Kat said hurriedly. She was so confused- but also curious- and interested- BUT MOSTLY CONFUSED! "Alright alright... Call us if you need us I guess?" Joe and Chelsea walked out now. Finally, some peace and quiet... Kat opened the bag and took out the crystal. What was wrong with it? Why had she seen such a weird vision inside of it?

She worked until 1:46 AM, still trying to figure out what had happened, and why. She was just about to pass out on her work, papers, bags, and the crystal, along with a few needles and such, until Joe came in. "Jesus Christ, are you okay?" Joe said in response to Kat looking so tired, (which she most definitely was). "I'm... 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚." Kat sighed. "Yeah, like I believe that." Joe said, coming to sit beside her. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong with the crystal now, or what?"

Kat looked up at him. "You wouldn't believe me. Nobody would. Maybe I'm just going crazy." She said. "I made the soap all weird and it turned you into a Soap Gootraxian. Is the crystal crazier then that?" Joe said. "...m a y b e " Kat responded, making a face. "Then tell me." Joe said.

"Well... I kind of saw... a... vision- in the crystal... there was a Lang... wandering the lab- but it wasn't the lab- at least I don't think... it looked abandoned- nobody was there and the Gootraxians weren't in the Containment cells."

"That... is a bit crazy." Joe agreed. "Are you sure it isn't just you being tired? A lot of people have hallucinations when their sleep deprived." He added. "NO! It wasn't- It wasn't a hallucination- I knew you would think I'm crazy!" Kat said, starting to cry. She was so tired- and confused- Maybe it was a hallucination...  "No! No- I don't think your crazy it's just- It's a bit... surreal. If you know what I mean." Joe said. "I guess..." Kat agreed. "Now, you SERIOUSLY need sleep, it's almost 2:00 in the morning." Joe said. "Alright..."

Kat had gone up to the sleeping room and taken a nap, but all her dreams was literally just about the vision in the crystal, so it didn't exactly help. She was awake now, and REALLY needed coffee. Kat headed to the Cafeteria, letting out a yawn. When she finally got there she got in line for a latte.

"Hi... Er... Can I have a caramel latte please?" She said to the cashier when it was her turn in the line. "Sure." The cashier went to the back and grabbed a premade caramel latte, handing her the cup. "Thanks." She handed them the money and walked off, heading to the lab to work on the Crystal again. She found Chelsea and Joe in the mini lab room, checking out the crystal. "Did you guys find anything?" She asked, sitting down beside them. "Same as you, nothing. Nothing seems to be wrong with it." Chelsea said. "Maybe we can all go look at the crystal where it did the vision thingy-ma-jiggy?" She asked. "I guess.. I don't know if it will do anything now though." Kat said. Joe, Chelsea, and Kat headed to the Crystal Caverns, and to the crystal that Kat had seen a vision in.

Literally nothing happened for an entire hour. "It's... Not doing anything." Joe said. "YEAH, I KNOW THAT, JOE! I FLIPPING KNOW THAT!" Kat said, frustrated at this. Why did it work only for her? What was wrong with it? Maybe something was wrong with her? What if it was actually just a hallucination and- and-

The Lang appeared on the crystal again.