Chapter 7 - "What a strange Carneline!"

"WOAH!" Joe said, jumping back a bit at the sight of the wandering Lang in the crystal. "What in the heck?" Chelsea said, merely staring at the crystal. "I told you guys! I- I didn't hallucinate after all!" Kat said. Now they all watched the crystal in silence.

The Lang was wandering around... They looked tired... They had long, straight hair with a tip on the top. They were walking in front of the garden, proceeding to go in. In the garden was SO many Gootraxians, some playing, some talking, some sleeping... Kat also noticed that a few Feds and Shades that were holding guns, and looked like they were taking shifts guarding the door. The Lang went to a corner in the garden and curled up, falling asleep. The shelf beside them was being climbed by a Watermelon Shork, and they were holding a bucket with some sort of liquid in it. Once they reached the top, they poured glue all over the Lang's head, waking them up. There wasn't any noise, but it looked like the Lang had screamed, and the Shork laughing, before they ran off. The Lang grabbed some tissues and started to clean it up, after a while they did, and they fell back asleep again, but they looked frustrated. The Shork came back again, and holding scissors. They went up to the Lang and was about to cut their hair, until a Fed came over and tapped their shoulder. They turned around. It seemed like they were talking, but the Shork looked frightened, and ran off. The Fed shook their head and picked up the scissors they had dropped, putting it on a shelf, walking off. The vision on the crystal faded away until it was a normal crystal again.

"Woah... That was... W e i r d ." Joe said at the same time Chelsea said "Who were those Gootraxians? I haven't seen those three in the lab at all..." Kat tried to think. A Fed, a Lang, and a Watermelon Shork... What the hell did that connect to? She just couldn't put her finger on it...

After a while of still studying the crystal, Joe, Chelsea, and Kat were summoned for testing. Joe didn't have to come but he wanted to see what being a Scientist was all about. Today they were going to experiment on a Carneline. When they reached the Heavy Containment Cell where the Carneline was, currently sleeping on a rock. From what Kat knew of the Carneline, they weren't as bad as the species says they are. The Carneline was silly, kind of lazy, and honestly.. really didn't care about being experimented on. Hell, Even the guards didn't use the neck things they use on most Gootraxians. 

When the Guards came in and woke up the Carneline, they took them to a testing place where Chelsea, Kat and Joe followed. Kat could tell that the Carneline was obviously trying not to fall asleep... Seemed like the others also noticed this. Chelsea took out her backpack and pulled out some needles, formulas and different kinds of research equipment.  Chelsea put a needle in one of the formula's, sucking up the liquid. She then went over to the Carneline, who was sitting down, and carefully slid the needle into their arm. The Carneline didn't really react, instead they just kind of yawned. Chelsea stepped back after pulling the needle out of their arm. "Not sure what that did-" Kat said. Chelsea watched closely-- it seemed like she was focusing on something. Kat followed where her eyes were looking at, at then she saw it- right on the top of the Carneline's head, was two little nubs growing beside it's large, glowing horns. The nubs were the same color as the first set, but they seemed to glow brighter. The Carneline screeched and it's ears went back... One of it's paws- it- it was... boiling... almost... but then the goo kind of melted off- revealing a human hand.

Kat stared blankly. "What.. The-"

"-Heck?" Joe finished for her.  The goo started to melt off in other places too, such as the other hand, some parts of the arms, legs, a bit of the torso... "Uh. I don't know if this is supposedly or LEGALLY allowed to be called a cure?" Chelsea said. Kat agreed, though. Whatever that was... The Carneline was definitely in pain... Surely they could find a less painful way to solve this?

𝘖𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 make 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘦? Kat's brain echoed. Soon enough the Carneline was fully a human being, though they had those little nub horns on their head... The guards immediately took the subject back to the High Containment Facility... At least they had the right idea. Chelsea and Kat exchanged looks as the three of the friends walked back to the mini-lab room. Kat sat down. "I mean... It worked... Kind of..." She said. "But what were those little nub things?" Chelsea asked, mostly herself. "I'm not a scientist, but I don't think we should use 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 as a cure." Joe said with a surprised expression on his face. While Joe and Chelsea were talking, Kat zoned out, thinking... What would happen if she didn't make the cure? What would happen if she stayed like this? What would happen if the lab became like it was in the vision... The crystal was so weird- Was it the future?

Or maybe only one future possibility?