Chapter 3 - "Panther? Panther, where are you?"

"KAT! Of course, we will make a cure, but first, we need to find the damn Panther! And turn the lights back on-" Joe said in a whisper hastily. "Well obviously. I can see in the dark, so I'll find the Panther. You communicate with the guards and scientists to get the lights turned back on." Kat said. "Alright. Meet back when the lights are on, say 20 minutes?" Joe said, nodding. "Yep. See ya." Kat ran off to where the Panther originally was. She paused, sniffing the air and getting their scent. She followed it through the lab, letting her nose guide her. She stopped after around five minutes and saw the panther holding a guard up by their neck. Its eyes glowed yellow and red.

"NO! LET THEM GO!" Kat ran toward them and barreled into the Panther, the guard being set down. She held the panther down, her claws coming out of the Hazmat suit. She let out a hissing noise and clawed the Panther in the face. Kat's helmet bobbed and fell back. She clawed the Panther in the face again. The lights went on.

She didn't realize two guards were staring at her. The Panther growled, trying to escape from Kat, but she wouldn't budge. Soon enough Joe arrived. "Hey, Kat I- O h"Joe looked at Kat, then the Guards, then back to Kat. "Oh god." 

One of the guards hesitantly pulled up their mic, saying into it "U-uh- Hey guys- Y-you better come see this-" they studdered. The other guard was spacing out, but now they snapped back into reality, reaching for their black stick neck thing. Was that for Kat, or the Panther? Kat wanted to just run for miles, but she knew she couldn't let the Panther go, nor abandon this. There wasn't anywhere to hide now. Kat looked over her shoulder and saw 6 scientists, (Chelsea among them,) two janitors (not including Joe), and 5 guards. Kat gulped. "That's why you were wearing a Hazmat Suit?" Chelsea stepped forward, looking at Kat. She didn't look sad, she didn't even look scared. She looked... Curious. "What... What are you?" Dr. Donna said, also stepping forward. Joe suddenly walked between Kat and the other people. "She didn't want this! I-It was my fault! I spilled chemicals into the soap- This is all my fault." Joe said. This entire time the Panther underneath Kat's claws was just... observing. It was like the tables were turned- the subjects observed the scientists, and the scientists behaved oddly. There was some sort of twinkle in the Panther's eyes,--- not just the normal glowing yellow eyes.

Kat could tell the Guards were ready to capture her. Just by their expressions, she knew. Chelsea came over to Kat and the Panther, sitting to eye level. "First off, we at least need to capture the Panther," Chelsea said, going over. Kat looked up at her in awe. "And second off,  Kat, your obviously a new Gootrax. Have you or Joe named it yet?" Chelsea said, looking at Kat. "U-Uhm- Yes- Feizao. I-It's Chinese for Soap." Kat stammered, taken aback a bit. "Alright. Thirdly, someone should go get the Soap she used so we can possibly either make a cure for it or use it again on ACTUAL test subjects. Maybe even modify it." Chelsea said, turning to one of the guards. The guard immediately ran off to go get the soap from the bathroom. After a few moments, the guard came back with a bottle of clear soap. "No wonder, it's completely clear... Maybe because she put too much on?" The guard suggested, handing Chelsea the bottle of Soap. "Possibly. Anyways. Lastly, we should let Dr. Kat continue working on her experiments, and maybe study the Gootraxian she's become. Of course, until we find a cure for her, and not just for her. Possibly for other test subjects as well. For now, can someone PLEASE capture the Panther now? Seriously, it's been ten entire minutes." Chelsea gestured to two of the guards and they went ahead and put the neck things on the Panther. Surprisingly the Panther didn't struggle. It didn't even give off a single hiss. The two guards calmly got it back to it's containment. Chelsea looked over at Kat. "You can go back to your science room. I'll take care of this." She said. Kat nodded and started to walk back through the hallway, Joe following close behind. "Your sister is awesome," Joe said while they walked. "Well, she's always been the better sibling." Kat grumbled. Joe looked down. They walked in silence as they reached Kat's study room. A guard- Tim- came in and handed Kat one of the soap bottles. "Look, Kat... I'm sorry this happened. I-" Tim began. "Just... Just leave, will you?" Kat said, her eyes narrowing to slits. Tim made a little scared sound and ran out of the room. Kat sighed, going over to the desk and setting the soap bottle down. She put her paw to her head, and her elbow on the table. Grunting, she said "I'm so tired- I just wanna take a nap..." Kat stared, blinking slowly at the soap bottle. Joe sat beside her. "Maybe you can take a nap after we at least make the cure?" Joe suggested. Kat blinked at him. "It's probably going to take months to make the cure, Joe." She shook her head. "Though we should start working on it, yes." Kat took the soap bottle in her paws and grabbed literally any vial of anything from her chemistry place. She grabbed a beaker filled with red crystal goo. She poured it in the Soap bottle and both the soap compound and the goo seemed to almost mix themselves together. She watched as the goo took over, and now it looked like red-orange soap. "Joe, can you get a guard to get any human subject?" She said to Joe. "Uh- Sure..." Joe walked off. Kat let out a long sigh. What was she going to do?