Chapter 4 ~ Help Me

I could feel it in my bones. The anger.
Rage bubbled over me like pasta in a pot of water.

I knew if I wanted to escape, I was going to have to go all out.

We walked past other cages and instinctively they all began barking and growling, as I was very violent.

I watched as one of the guards departed as the other jerked my lead up closer to him, causing me to shift my head uncomfortably.

He quickly glanced down and eye locked gazes with him scaring the shit ou of him. Very likely, thinking I was staring into his soul.

He lifted his head up as I jerked my whole body stop a sudden halt and began clawing at the lead and barking uncontrollably.

It must've been very awkward for everyone to have an insane beast with them as I took off in the opposite direction dragging the guard behind me.

I glanced back and couldn't help but mentally laugh and imagine how funny it would be for him if he face planted.

Finally, he managed to get a strong grip on the floor and yanked me back with such a force that I was sent flying back into him as we both flew for a couple more seconds before he hit the floor very hard, while I landed safely ontop of him, removing any further air into my lungs.

After a few minutes of them all having a turn walking me, they settled on hav ing the guard hang on to me like his life depended on it.

I tugged aggressively at the lead again and once again I was pulled back. I was still working on an escape plan.
Then it hit me.

I began walking normally next to the guard, making him look down and when he did his eyes looked like they were about pop from his head. I was silently padding along, so just as he relaxed his shoulders slightly not realising it and head butted him right in the - well spoiler alert, you kind of know where and yes indeed I am sorry to all males who experience this pain. Sorry not sorry, only if your evil though. - groin.

The guard let out a painfully loud yell that could've burst my ear drums, especially with my sensitive hearing, come on man that is not nice.

I perked my ears up happily and trotted away proudly, but much to my surprise, I was dragged back by Peterson, who was a heck of a lot stronger.

The man in the lab coat kept hi distance away from me just in case I pulled anything again liek that. Not liek he would be able to do anything about it though with how he looked - just saying.

I carried on snapping my jaws shut while encased in the muzzle, seatting my paws left, right and centre, awkwardly being dragged.

Let's just say I was never really much of the smart looking and the most patient thing in the world but I still had the willpower to do anything.

The journey was only supposed to be a 2 minute walk but instead every 30 seconds took 5 minutes, literally.

So much for a 2 minute walk I scoffed mentally.

We finally reached the end of our 28 minute walk and reached a door.

It looked suspicious. The lab coat dude opened the door, and I didn't have a choice to go inside as I was just shoved right in by Peterson.

Well these people were rude.

I smelled the bleachy, hospital smell and the cleaning products. I also smelled many medicines, over all creating a very big cleaning cupboard with other doors.

I smelled other dogs and got a huge whiff of cleaning products as a door was opened. I sneezed.

Then I sneezed again.

And then again.

I had been here before, it was the place where very dog dreaded going....
THE VETS

I had laid of the growling and whining before as I couldn't stand the sound of myself whining and I was just tired of growling.

I grumbled as the lab coat dude began messing round turning all kinds of machines on.

I growled and began thrashing round as Peterson lifted me up onto the cold metal table. At least they had the common decency to put a blanket over the top but that didn't help much.

My paws screamed at me as the material stung my now bleeding paws after everything I had just pulled.

I was quickly stabbed with a needle and it was quickly inserted into my leg.

I let out a threatening growl as a tube was connected to the needle. Peterson looked at me with a stone cold face as I watched lab coat dude grabbed another needle but only with liquid in.

He injected it and I followed it slowly as made it's way into my bloodstream.
A few minutes later I felt myself getting quite sleepy. I was quite tipsy, causing me to collapse onto the blanket.

I whined, and Peterson made his way over to me, gently unbuckling the collar around my neck.

I paused, Riley gave me that collar the day he officially became my handler. I let out a painful whine.

The lab coat guy mad his way back over to the tube and sighed, "Well this is it, if you want to say goodbye, now would be a good time because once this is in her bloodstream, that's it. It's over. Are you sure?"

Peterson just nodded as he looked at me with sympathy, "I'm sorry girl, I really hoped that things would work out for you, but I'm sorry it has to end this way. At least you will be at peace with Riley. Say hi for me." I tilted my head against the sound of his name an began frantically searching the room with my eyes trying to spot Riley, I couldn't see him.

What did he mean?

I whimpered and looked over to lab coat who was just about to inject the liquid into my blood when the door burst open, saving me from a deadly fate.