Chapter 13 ~ A struggle

I woke up to the sound of footsteps. I shot up in alarm, and silently nudged Steve. He didn't move, then I heard a voice.

I nudged Steve again, causing his eyes to open. He also opened his mouth to talk, but in hearing the voices from outside his door, and my face he silently stood.

He sent me a glance, telling me to attack whoever came through. I wouldn't let him down, I would protect him, no matter who, or what stood in my way. I would protect all of them.

Steve, quickly grabbed his shield, hoping for the best, and for it just to be Sam or Tony pranking him.

I knew it wasn't, considering the footsteps on the floor, I counted 5 different sets, and they all smelled different.

They clearly didn't realise what they were getting into, because if they did, then they would've ran in guns a blazing, and a tonne load of weapons.

When I thought they were going to leave, I counted 6 more people enter the floor, filling the hallway.

I knew it would be incredibly tough, facing 11 of them, but Steve,was captain America, and I was a Military dog, fully trained soon, to become an avenger. There was no way anyone could take us down, or so I thought.

I heard muffled whispers, as 1 person took a step forwards. I pawed at Steve's leg, silently warning him of someone about to enter. Steve looked down and nodded, before fixing his eyes back on the door, anticipating the next few events in his head.

I also, looked up at the wooden door. My fur bristled, my legs straightened out, and my body stiffened, with my tail low down. I was in a perfect attacking position, and once I started growling, I would like scaryyy.

The knob turned; the door opened. I soon saw the face of a mean looking man, but didn't stay on that subject, as I lept of the ground, in a split second, taking him out, with a thud. 1 down, 10 to go.

Clearly, no one anticipated my move, as they all hesitated, as me and Steve took that to advantage.

Steve took out two at once, when throwing one at the other, rendering them both unconscious. Meanwhile, I pounced on one of them, aiming for his chest, which I jumped onto, causing him to go fall back and hitting his hear in the process, pretty much knocking himself out instantly.

They were horrified, and quickly began fighting. I was blood thirsty, after they fared to wake me up. If you would like to live, first mistake, interrupting my beauty sleep. Second of all, shining light in my eyes. Third of all, pissing me off.

I finished my thoughts, once everyone was either unconscious, or very sad. Let's just say I wasn't being the nice one today.

Just as, I was letting my guard down, I heard a loud bang go off.

I have heard that sound so many times, I turned looking to Steve, horrified, seeing him on the floor, I turned seeing 5 other men, and the one I first took out, slowly getting up, gun, still trained on me.

Through the shakiness of his hand, I could tell he couldn't do shit. So instead of staying still like I was supposed to do, I ran towards the group of men, aiming straight for someone's arm, to smack him into someoneelse knocking them both out.

Then I aimed for someone else's, after pushing someone out a window. Now taht one, wasn't my fault. I mean, he just slipped. I couldn't help him, don't have hands.

One of the remaining ones, lifted a knife up, while running towards me. I went for his legs, knocking him onto his face, before lying on his back, keeping him down.

After he stopped squirming, passing out, I waited a few seconds, before grabbing his knife. -Oop, thank uu.

I leapt forwards, at the last remaining person, chasing him, through the already broken window. I had completely forgotten about the first guy, and to my surprise, he was behind me.

By the time I sensed him behind me, it was too late. He smashed the back of his gun against my hear, in attempts of taking me out.

It almost worked, almost.

But not quite enough force was in the blow, to knock me out.

I started attacking him, as he got in quite a few hard punches, and a sharp kick into my chest.

After he kicked me, he knocked all the air out of my lungs, giving him the upper hand.

I started struggling, to keep up with the attacks, as I grew weaker, feeling the adrenaline leaving my body.

He then got in a powerful blow, to my head. I felt too dizzy to do anything.

To my luck, I saw Tony, come running in, unfortunately, without his suit, but he did manage to warn the team, via his AI, before being knocked out, by backup.

I glanced up at the man who had just been called Rumlow, by a backup guy.

Rumlow, sent a order of some sort, and I saw them waking people up, getting them up to leave.

I saw Rumlow make his was towards me, restraining me, while someone put a muzzle over my face, tightly.

I growled, earning a slap on the head from the Rumlow guy.

Quickly, he attached a lead around my neck, only if I didn't walk at his pace, it could easily choke me. I kept my whole body close to the ground, with a constant snarl, coming from within the muzzle.

I didn't have much of a choice, as I was dragged away.

I was about to give in, until I saw them dragging Bucky too. I barked, pulling my way towards him. I only earned a sharp tug on my lead,but I refused to comply, running to Bucky. When I reached him, I nudged his hand licking it gently, making him calmly brush the fur on my cheek gently, while staring into my eyes.

If Bucky was here, we could work together, and maybe, just maybe we might come out alive.