Chapter 17

"There you are then," Horace cut in pushing a glass at Ron and another at me, I shook my head- turning it down. Just like he took the potion Ron threw his back- immediately downing it. I straightened as the air stilled, turning to Ron just as his glass dropped to the floor, and falling from the couch he landed crumpled on the floor, limbs flaring and jerking around.

"Schist!"

While Horace froze, I was already moving, Harry spurring himself into movement after me. I splayed my hands over Ron's chest after quickly positioning him to be laying on his back and uttered a quick prayer to Apollo. Finally, I closed my eyes and felt. A shiver came over me and it had nothing to do with the drafty room. I breathed out slowly concentrating as I moved my closet hand to his throat. There. The poison had stuck in his throat but was smoothly moving down. I pushed harder and there was that cracked feeling again. It wasn't as intense as the first time. But it was defiantly still there. 

"Sorry Annabeth," I muttered under my breath, and letting my eyes open I pulled

My gut and the poison responded both immediately and simultaneously. My body was heating rapidly, as I pulled and pulled, guiding it and allowing it to pool mid-air. 

"Harry! Bottle!" I spat out, the heat quickly turning searing. Harry, who had been rummaging through Horse's bags looked over and seeing me quickly grabbed the bottle from Horse's hands, holding it out to me. 

I deposited what had pooled quickly before turning to Ron and quickly checking the rest of his system. I breathed out once more and let the liquid go. It was still too hot. 

And then there Ron was- gasping for air and jerking up. I sighed in relief and allowed myself to relax back a tiny bit. 

"P-percy" Horace stuttered- but I was too tired. I just simply waved a hand at him, staggering to my feet, 

"I'll be in my rooms- make sure Ron gets to Poppy, the students come first," I said softly- staggering towards the door, my footsteps unsteady as I went but the chorus of affimination spilling from Horace's mouth reassured me. I didn't pay much mind as I made my way back to my office. 

I described the relief once as a broken glass smoothing over it's raw edges, but I think that, although Annabeth had a point- certain powers weren't for mortal to control- I was glad Ron was okay. 

~

I was staring up at the ceiling when Sevy burst his way in. I knew he would show up but I wasn't expecting him to be so quick. 

"Potter- it seems- does have a brain cell, he came to me almost immediately and told me what had happened," Sevy explained. That made sense- I guess Ron was all right tehn- he wouldn't have left his side otherwise. 

"When An-," I tensed- don't say it, please don't say it. You can't be afraid of me too, "When she," Sevy started again- but the tension stayed, "was with you down there, she was as afraid as you, and you being able to control something that was perceived as 'evil' for lack of a better term, was new and terrifying, but as with any power, just because you ignore it doesn't mean it's not there." 

I kept my silence but I did glance over at Sevy, his eyes, they were always kind- no matter what snide remark he spat- it was always playful with me. 

"You're okay Percy, Ron's okay, Harry's okay, and so is Horse," Sevy said a small smirk forming at 'Horse'. I rolled my eyes before nodding shallowly and letting my eyes fall closed. 

I just didn't feel like talking. Understanding that Sevy settled a hand on my head, "Get some sleep I'll lock up and let Blaise and Draco know there will be no meetings today." 

I nodded once more before letting my consciousness go. If only my dreams would let me rest. 

~

"A slow death!" Akhlys screamed. "A death from a thousand poisons!" 

All around her poisonous plants grew and burst like overfilled balloons, panic grasping at me. I tried to get my feet to move- to step in front of mini-me and Annabeth, but I couldn't do anything- I was stuck- benched, forced to watch as mini-me did nothing. 

Green-and-white sap slowly trickled out, collecting into pools that flowed across the ground to mini-Percy. Why wasn't I moving! Move away from that sap that literally looked like the one the step-queen covered Snow-whites apple in! 

"Percy!" Annabeth cried, "Uh, hey, Miss Wonderful! Cheerful! Grins! Over here!" 

"No!" I called out trying to get to her, stupid mini-me was still unmoving but now stuck on an island the size of a shield.

He fell to his knees and suddenly I felt a jolt of pain shoot through mine. 

Lake. Streams. Water. I cracked out a laugh. Poison was a liquid! If it moved like water, it must be partially water. 

I glared at the poison flood, concentrating until something cracked- as if a crystal ball had shattered in my stomach. Then warmth flowed through me as the poison tide stopped. 

"What is this?" Akhlys shrieked

"Poison," I said, although my voice felt oddly heavy, "That's your specialty, right?"

The flood of venom reversed, rolling back towards the goddess, 

"Percy!" Annabeth, who had retreated to the edge of the cliff, sounded terrified, "Stop..." she pleaded. 

She was terrified. Of me.

WOW. Okay then. Yep- so this has been building up for some time- I got a few comments last chapter about it buuuuut ya. I don't have much to say- I hope that this chapter doesn't disappoint ya'll I know I've been off-grid so I'll likely lose a few views, aaaand I know that there have been a few Percybeth fans a little worried so ya. I'll respond to ya'll's responses but I don't really have an initial one 😊

Until next time! (Will be posting the June updating schedule soon) 

🦇🖤