Chapter 18

"Professor?"

"Yes?" I asked, looking up from my desk, towards the class, trying to pinpoint who called out to me.

"Are... are you alright?" It was Logan who had stepped forward, I smiled and waved off his question,

"Yes, yes, I'm quite alright, just didn't get much sleep this weekend is all," I said, and he nodded hesitantly, not really believing me, but not saying anything against it either. I looked back down at my pen and nodded before standing up,

"Alright, who wants a match?" I asked.

~

The halls were whispering, which wasn't much of a surprise considering the age group of the witches and wizards- hey, why do 'witches' always come first in 'witches and wizards'? Like why not 'wizards and witches' bleh- why does that feel weird- 'witches, wizards, wizards, witches, witches, wizards, wizards, witc-.

That's what I was talking about! Just as I passed a group of students they immediately fell into silence. Okay. So, I wasn't 100% on Monday, but come on! It didn't warrant this!

"Professor!"

"Hey!"

Two voices echoed down the hallways, and I glanced up, looking at the approaching twins, grinning.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked as they slung their arms around my shoulders and started steering me away from my intended destination. 

The group of kids I had just passed rushed passed us. Huh?

"Erm- guys? I have a class," I said and George winked at me,

"I'm sure they're used to you're timing habits by now," Fred commented,

"Yeah! And I want to see if that burn mark is still there!"

I snorted shaking my head at them, "I think people just 'forgot' about it"

The twins beamed at that. Now that was weird- since when were the halls this empty?

"Wait- you- wha?" I asked, looking between the twins, and narrowing my eyes, "What are you two up to?"

They looked at each other and grinned, approaching the grand hall doors and standing on opposite sides of it.

"Now, now, now- don't go pulling that suspicious act on us,"

"We know you love our little jokes,"

"We were planning to wait until the end of the year, but-,"

"Your students noticed you were looking down,"

"Professor Percy Jackson," They said together, "This one's to you,"

With that they opened the doors they were against, and my jaw dropped. All of my students were partnered up, and clashing with each other- each time their swords made contact with one another's, fireworks, like the hydra one's last year, burst from the contact.

Not only were they using proper technique, and fighting excellently, meeting each blow with a proper counter, they were switching partners fluidly- a skill I had only managed to teach the upper classes.

It was like a dance of the brightest colors- and even better- there wasn't a single spec of red,

"Well, professor?" Fred asked, tossing Goerge a sword as Goerge tossed Fred one,

"Are you going to join in?"

I just stood there opened mouthed at the display, so shocked I almost missed a sword being tossed at my face. Almost. Following the trajectory, I found a smirking Sevy, holding one of his own. A grin spread over my face, and I raised my eyebrows- settling into a stance,

"Wanna go lover boy?" I teased and he raised an eyebrow,

"You seem awfully cocky for someone whose title is 'Supreme Lord of the Bathroom'" Sevy countered, and I smirked back at him,

"Oh yeah what about-," He lunged and I quickly parried, grinning as sparks flew out.

Hello! Writer here! I know that this was a short chapter- but as I announced on my feed, it took a full day to pick up the pen again and I personally need some fluff after those hard-hitting chapters. They don't seem like too much in retrospect but I also struggle with my mental health, so adding the character's mental health into the mix does add some strain. 

So that ^^ was written when I wrote this thing soo ya here's ya'll's fluff piece 😊

🦇🖤