Chapter 19

Sighing, I picked up Blaise's bow and headed back to the castle, him falling in step. Blaise had taken to the bow easily and even with Will and Nico gone, he still liked to make the trek out to the woods in order to keep up the practice. The Centaurs had taken a particular liking to him and even helped him with some moving targets. 

I froze as I heard a crunching 'thud' sticking my hand out in front of Blaise. He paused for a moment before tucking himself behind me. I smiled back at him gratefully, but he just simply nodded- allowing me to continue forward silently, maneuvering around the trees until three figures came into view. 

I breathed out a sigh as I relaxed shaking my head, I was getting way too jumpy nowadays. 

"Come on, we can't avoid them," I said, Blaise, letting out a grunt of distaste. Don't ask me how he did that- I don't know he just did. 

"-ough your body will decay, your spirit lingers on in the quiet, web-spun places of your forest home. May your many-eyed descendants ever flourish and your human friends find solace for the loss they have sustained." cutting a quick glance to Blaise, he looked as unsettled as I felt. 

"Tha' was.. tha' was.. beau'itful!" Grimacing I motioned for us to quietly move on, 

"Professor Jackson!" Harry called out. Of course. I waited for Harry to catch up to us, as Horace continued to coax Hagrid off somewhere, 

"Why don't you join us at Hagrid's hut?" He asked, "You too Blaise!"  

"Er- maybe next time Harry, we've got to get back to the castle," I said placing a hand on Blaise's shoulder to move us forwards slightly, 

"I talk to snakes ya know?" Harry blurted. I tilted my head, confused, 

"Oooookay?" I asked, Blaise was just staring at Harry, 

"That's considered a dark skill in the wizarding world, not many people can do it, in fact the last known person to be able to do it, besides me was Voldemort," 

Okay, what was I supposed to do with this? 

"Well. That's all. I wanted to share that with you because I know you've been down since that incident with Ron. I suppose being able to control poison could be perceived as a dark talent. Though everyone in this school knows your as good as they come, so light or dark magic doesn't really matter at this point I reckon." And then he was skipping off. 

A strangled sound made its way out of my throat and I shook my head, looking over to Blaise who was quite amused at my inability to process information. "Right. Castle." 

Blaise snorted, but followed me, shaking his head as he did.

After a bit, he spoke up, "Professor Snape told me... about that time?" 

"Well, I was just wondering- well. Just how powerful are you really? I know there's a hierarchy in the Greek and Roman worlds, and I know that due to your father being, well one of the big three, you're one of the most powerful demigods around. But I don't know just how powerful you are- in the wizarding world the weakest Demigod holds enough authority to rival the minister- but you-," He drifted off but I nodded understanding what he was getting at.

"It's not something I think about much," I shrugged, "I've never really measured my powers- sure most people say that I'm the 'most powerful demigod of this generation' but I don't really put much stock in that," 

"Why not?!" Blaise blurted out. I smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, 

"Because that never mattered to me," I whispered gently. We were right in front of the main doors so I pulled him to the side and knelt down so we were eye-to-eye.