Chapter 23

The news did not even take a day to spread. The lessons and exams were 'postponed until further notice'. Meaning canceled. I left my door open and blankets available. Whenever a student couldn't sleep at night I always was there with some warm tea and a listening ear.  

I reassured them of their safety and let them rest. I didn't know how to feel when many of my students had taken to carrying their swords with them for more than just my class. 

And then Dumbledore's funeral came and went, taking the students with it. I, myself, was just packing up. Getting ready to take Blaise to Camp, and making arrangements for next year when Harry once more appeared in my office.

"Professor?" He asked softly, "W-we, Hermione, Ron, and I, we're" he cleared his throat, "We will be hunting Horcruxes next year so we won't be returning." 

 I studied him for a moment before nodding, he turned to go but I stopped him, calling out, "Harry, I- I get dreams sometimes, I know you don't like divination much but in the same way I knew what you had seen was the same was I know that there weren't just six horse cuts. His eyes. They had seven cracks in them." 

He froze in his steps- his mouth hanging open,

"If I want to assure the safety of my students, I cannot attack unprovoked, but I do hope that you use what I taught you. Swords are powerful- and although your swords will pass through mortals, they do not pass through objects," His eyes widened, bits of hope starting to peak through and I offered him a smile, 

"It was an honor having you as a student Harry, as it was having Hermione and Ron as well," 

"Thank you, Professor." 

🖤🦇