Chapter 8: The Preparation

SATURDAY, 4PM, 4 HOURS BEFORE THE GALA STARTS

Saturday arrived in a blink of an eye, the past 3 days were hectic for all of us. I do not even want to imagine how stressful it will be once I am the leader of our organization. But thanks to all of our hard work we prepared everything for the gala on time.

"Lea, may I come in?" my dad knocks on my door. I am currently in my bathrobe since I just took a shower a few minutes ago.

"Yes, come in!" I shout from my ensuite bathroom, he enters the room and says, "The Stylist Team just arrived. Would you be getting ready in here?" he asks referring to my room.

"No, I would prefer to use the second living room." I tell him as I finished brushing my teeth.

"Okay, I will have one some of the bodyguards prepare it for you." he says, I thank him before he leaves my room.

Once my dad is out of my room, I put on my lingerie and put on some short shorts for comfort, I replace my bathrobe with a dry one, and put on my slippers before heading out of the room. I walk towards the living room that we have on the second floor, it is spacious and lavish, but then again so is the rest of the house.

"Good evening, Ms. Cattani!" all of the members of the stylist team greet me, I smile at them and say, "Hello everyone, I am ready to start". I seat on the chair that they prepared for me and each one of them start preparing the tools that they will need in order to create my gala look.

The Stylist Team consists of one hair stylist, one makeup artist, one fashion stylist and two manicurists. They are professionals in what they do and they are the best at their job.

"Would you guys mind if I put music on?" I ask them.

"Not at all, Ms. Cattani, we work better with music." one of them says and all of them nod their head in approval. I connect the Bluetooth of my phone to the speakers that are in the living room and turn the music on.

Since this process is going to take a while, I relax on the chair and let them do their work.

5PM, 3 HOURS BEFORE THE GALA STARTS

A bodyguard whose face seems familiar but I cannot recognize comes with a tray full of snacks and my favorite drink, "Ma'am, your father sends you this." he says politely, offering the tray to me.

"Great! You can leave the tray at the table." I say trying not to move in order to not mess up with the work that the Stylist Team is doing, "Of course!" he says placing the tray at the table that is beside me, he excuses himself and I thank him.

I stare at his back once he leaves and suddenly I realize that he is Alonzo, one of the new members that start to work with us today, I totally forgot about that.

Today is the official day that I start having a personal bodyguard.

6:40PM, 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE GALA STARTS

The Stylist Team just finished with my look, they gave me a mirror so I can look at the myself and I am very pleased with their work. They have been working for me for some time now so they know exactly what I like.

"Thank you, guys! I will get my dress, I'll be right back." I say to them putting the mirror down and heading towards my room.

I enter my room and head towards my walk-in closet where I left the box that Zuhair Murad sent me on Thursday. I open the box to make sure that it is the dress for the gala and find a note that said, "You will look stunning in this dress. Have a great time at the gala!" -With love Zuhair Murad