Chapter 18: The Fun Is Just Starting

Enzo and I were walking from the venue that held the Fashion Show towards the almost empty parking lot where my sports car was parked.

I was walking ahead of Enzo when a bullet missed my head by centimeters.

"Ms. Cattani!!" Enzo exclaimed, he immediately began hovering over me in order to protect me from any harm. A few seconds later another shot was fired as we run to a car for shelter. Luckily, none of us was shot.

"Enzo, it's a sniper." I whisper to him as we hide beside a car.

I don't give him time to answer when I ask him, "Is our car far away from us?". I am on high alert, my eyes kept scanning the buildings in front of us to locate the sniper. Since, if the sniper was in the building behind us I would be shot by now.

The event ended a long time ago and since I got caught up talking with Mr. Murad, there are not many cars in the parking lot. That means that the sniper doesn't have obstacles that prevent it from shooting us and that also means that Enzo and I don't have a lot of spots to hide.

I moved my head a little higher to get a better view of the buildings, when a bullet went through the back seat window of the car, shattering the glass. And I dodge on instinct.

Enzo glared at me for not being careful and making his job more complicated than it already is.

"Be careful." he warns me with a low voice, "And the car is a few rows away from us." Enzo answers my previous question.

"Do you have an idea on how to get rid of the sniper?" I asked him. We were still scrunched down beside the car.

"I do, but it is a crazy one." he says as he frowns, thinking of how to execute the plan without us getting shot.

"Entertain me." I encourage him.

"The rifle that is being used by the sniper needs approximately 15 seconds to adjust the second focal plane rifle scope so it can be able to focus on the target. We need to run as fast as we can in that time frame to reach the car." he explains.

"How do you know that?" I asked, impressed by his skills. "I had military training, and based on the fact that it took him a few seconds to shot the second bullet, I knew what type of rifle it is using." he further explains.

I stare at him surprised and impressed at the same time, since not even with all my training I would have known that.

"Do you trust me?" he asks me.

I look directly in his eyes, trying to figure out what he was feeling at the moment. Is he scared?... Is his adrenaline getting higher by the second?... Does he know what he is doing?... Is he lying?

To be completely honest, I was not able to figure him out. But there is one thing I am certain of: Enzo would never put me in danger if he knew it was unsafe for me.

So, instead of answering his question, I respond with, "What is your plan?".

"I think the sniper is hiding on that building we have in front of us," he points to the building that seems like a historical one based on its structure, I raise my head just enough to be able to see it, "I will fire my gun in the direction of his hiding spot. The sniper will shot and when it does, we run like our life depends on it, because it will." he explains his plan, at the last part his eyes shift to mine, the intensity behind them is expressing how crucial it is that we run with everything we got. I nod my head at him in acknowledgment.

I took off my high heels and grabbed them tightly; there is no way I am leaving my Christian Louboutin's behind. "I am ready whenever you are." I say in a serious tone.