Chapter 28: The Phase Two Part I

I look into his eyes and notice that they match the color of the sea. It reminded me of the time when my dad and I used to visit the beach when we went on vacation every summer.

Now that I am thinking about the beach, do you know what else it matches?

The blue-ringed octopus.

A precious animal that has beautiful bright colors, and its blue iridescent rings perfectly describe his eye color.

That same color seems to be fading with each passing second.

At first glance, it might seem like a peaceful way to leave this world, but if you look closely, his eyes say it all. And that is that he is experiencing the most painful way to go to hell.

Literally.

24 Hours Ago

'The delivery has been completed'.

I read the message that was sent to my phone a few minutes ago.

I went to my contact list, and once I found the name I was looking for, I dialed their number.

On the third ring, I heard their cheerful voice answering, "Hello, Lea!"

"Hi Isabella! Did you receive a package?" I ask her.

"I did! It was just sent to my lab." She responded.

"The instructions on the package say that I have to be careful. Should I be scared?" Isabella asked me.

"Not really, but I suggest you use your lab suit before opening it." I advised her.

"Okay, give me a few minutes. I promise I'll be quick." She says, I hear rustling on the other end. After a few minutes passed, she came back to the phone.

"I am ready." She announces. I hear the box being opened.

"Seriously, Lea? I put on my lab suit for this tiny, adorable thing?" Isabella giggles.

"Take a closer look at the 'tiny adorable thing' before touching it." I tell her.

"Oh..." I hear her whisper.

"Why was the third-deadliest animal delivered to my lab?" She asks, confused by the situation.

"That is because I need its deadly venom." I say nonchalant.

"You want me to kill it?!" She exclaims.

"What? No!" I say immediately, "All I need is its venom. So, I want you to extract it and give it to me. Without harming it, of course." I explained it to her.

"Phew!" I hear Isabella express, "I know the last thing you will do is harm animals, but I can't say I didn't get scared for a second there." I chuckled at her statement. "And yeah, I think I know a way to extract its venom without harming it." She continues.

"Perfect! I will give you 8 hours to complete that task." I instructed her.

"8 hours?! Lea, that is not-" Isabella starts, but I cut her off, telling her in a sweet voice, "I knew I could count on you, Isabella."

I hear her sigh on the other line, and I might have heard her cursing to herself quietly, "I'll let you know when the venom is ready."

"Perfect! I'll see you later." I didn't wait for her response before hanging up.

I put my phone down and looked at Damiano, who was sitting in front of me inside my office (back at the headquarters).

"The venom will be ready soon." I informed him.