Chapter 13: The Villa

When I went inside my house I texted Damiano and Max that I got home safely, I didn't check my phone after that. I took a shower and went straight to sleep.

I woke up at 5AM; considering that I went to bed at around 3AM, is safe to say that I barely got any sleep, but I want to see my dad before he goes on the mission with Damiano to were the Morozov's are said to be staying in Italy. So, I went to take a shower and get changed for the day ahead.

"Good morning." I say as soon as I enter my dad's office and notice that only Damiano was inside making coffee for himself from the coffee maker that my dad has in the room.

"Good morning, Lea." Damiano greets me with a smile. "Coffee?" he asks me, "Yes, please," he makes me the coffee with extra milk, "Here you go," he hands me the cup and I thank him.

"Where's my dad?" I ask him taking a sip from the cup, "He is having an important call with the team that is working with us on this mission." he answers me.

"Have you slept?" I ask him concerned when I notice his exhausted eyes, "Barely. The Communication Team was useless, they couldn't find the reason for the malfunction of Enzo's earpiece." he sighs, "And what did you do to them?" I ask nonchalant, taking another sip of my coffee, the taste of it bringing me a sense of happiness since it was so good, just how I like it.

"I fired them." he says with a sigh, "Now, that's a first." I say amused, "I was too tired to beat them up." he takes a sip from his cup of coffee.

In that moment my dad walks into the room, a smirk on his face, which made me believe that he has good news.

"We have them." my dad says as he walks up to us, satisfaction sounding in his voice. "The Morozov's?" I ask curiously setting my cup on the desk that has the coffee maker and snacks.

"Yes, we have facial confirmation that they are in the location we gather from the GPS in the necklace." he shows me the pictures on his phone that the team working on this mission sent him and indeed, on the pictures you can clearly see several pictures of Andrei Morozov getting out of his car and getting inside a mansion.

"Can you send me those pictures?" I ask him curiously since I notice something off about those pictures, but I am not sure what it is off about them. "Of course, princess." he says, my phone goes off in my pocket with his messages.

I take out my phone and look at the pictures, zooming in and zooming out to look at the surrounding, looking for a clue on why I get the feeling that something seems odd about the pictures.

"Dad, there is something about these pictures that doesn't feel right." I tell him, still looking at the pictures.

Damiano comes behind me to be able to see them, I angle my phone so he can see it clearly, "Do you see something odd about them?" I ask him swiping each picture with my finger, "They were taken by professionals spies, Lea, I think you are looking too much into it." he comments.

"My team consist of the best intelligence agents, princess. Plus Damiano is coming with me, so I will be well protected." he says gathering his gun from his desk, trying to reassure me, which part of me did felt reassured since I know Damiano will protect my dad with his life if it comes to it.

"Where's Enzo?" Damiano asks me as he sends a message to the bodyguards that will accompany them to the mission.

"He will be here in..." I check my watch to see the time, "Approximately 45 minutes." I say to him.

"Perfect!" he exclaims, "Stay here until he arrives, don't go out without him." he warns me, knowing that sometimes I tend to go out without any bodyguards with me. "Yes, sir." I say amused, he just chuckles and ruffles my hair affectionately.