Chapter 10: The Smug Smile

LEA'S POV

As soon as Enzo and I heard the conversation that the men were having in Russian outside of the bathroom, we both knew that the Morozov's were here for the necklace.

Enzo raises his gun in front of him and with his left arm he pulls me behind him. I lift my dress and take out my gun from the band that I had on my thigh. And I stand beside him, but he puts his left hand on my waist putting me behind me him one more time, his eyes never leaving the bathroom door when he whispers to me, "Ms. Cattani, stay behind me, please".

He tries to communicate with the other bodyguards quietly through the intercom, asking for back up, but they don't answer him. He tries a few more times, but his effort was to no vail.

I take a step backwards, staying behind him as he told me to, but his figure doesn't cover me, so I am still visible. In that moment the door opens and three Russians get inside the bathroom, Andrei Morozov following behind them.

"Lea! Is this a way of receiving your guest?" Andrei asks me with a smug expression on his face as soon as he sees Enzo and I with our guns in our hands, "Considering that you took the time to get inside the girl's bathroom, then yes." I tell him, glaring at him. "I just want to take a closer look at that gorgeous diamond necklace you have. It looks like it cost a lot of money." he adds chuckling, the sound of it runs a shiver through my spine, it sounds almost sinister, but I still don't show any sign of being intimidated by him.

Andrei walks towards were Enzo and I are standing.

"Do not take a step closer" Enzo warns him in a low voice, his gun still raised.

"You think you have a chance against us?" Andrei asks him with a smirk on his face. "It is four against two. It looks to me that the odds are not in your favor." he says with a smug smile, Enzo stays silent at his comment.

"Have a little faith" I say, amused at the fact that he thinks we are going to back down just because we are outnumbered, "I will have so much fun erasing that smug smile from your face." I taunt him.

And it looks like it works because he says, "And I am losing my patience here. Guys, get the necklace." he orders his men.

The three men charge at us, but Enzo's reflexes are faster, so he swings his right arm, the back of his gun hitting one of them in the head. While Enzo is busy fighting with him, the other two men get close to me, but I don't coward from them.

BANG!

I shoot one of them on the leg to slow him down, not giving any of the two men a chance to strike at me first, but he just screams in pain and continues walking towards me, slower than before, though. Now I understand why everyone says that the Russians are fearless.

The other man comes from my left side and he makes an attempt to take my gun from my right hand, I hit his face with my left elbow, but I lose my gun from the struggle that him and I were having, he yanks my hair and the other man that I shot sees that as a opportunity to charge at me with every strength he has left after the shot I gave him, but my reflexes were faster, so I lift my leg and kick him in the face with force my high heels scratching his face, he stumbles back towards the sink spitting blood in the process.

Meanwhile I am fighting the two Russians, Enzo is currently fighting Andrei and his other man, and he looks like he is struggling. But he is doing really great considering that he is fighting a Morozov and that alone is not an easy task. When I look at Enzo, I notice that his gun is nowhere in sight, he probably lost it in the middle of the fight.

The man that was originally pulling my hair tried to take my necklace when he saw that I was distracted looking at Enzo, but I grab his hand, preventing him from taking it. I walk us both backwards with all my strength and slam him at the nearest wall making him hit his head in the process, he becomes disoriented from the impact on his head.