Chapter 29: The Phase Two Part II

D-Day

I like deadly things—the type that, at first glance, you wouldn't even suspect are deadly because of their innocent appearance. The blue-ringed octopus is one of those things. It is a tiny animal that has blue rings that light up when it feels threatened. Amazing, isn't it? It literally warns you not to get near it, or you will face the consequences.

What I'm trying to say is that I thought a lot about how to kill him. A bullet through the head? Too easy, and he wouldn't feel any pain. What about hiring an assassin? Too much trouble, plus I wanted to be the one to kill him. Kidnap him and torture him? Too messy, and it leaves traces. But what about poisoning him? Depending on the type of poison, he will feel pain; he will know that he will die and that there is no escaping that reality, and the best part of it all is that the cause of death will be heart failure or suffocation. A perfect description of how to get away with murder, if you ask me. (Not like I need it, though; I have the connections to make any crime in my organization disappear in seconds.)

So where does the blue-ringed octopus fit in all of these? That tiny, beautiful animal has the deadliest venom in the world; one bite from it (or, in this case, the injection of it) and you are screwed. And that... That is exactly how I want Aleksandr Morozov to feel.

Screwed.

"Are you nervous?" Damiano asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

We are currently at our villa in Milan, getting ready for the mission.

"No," I answer curtly.

"This will be your first kill," he comments.

"I know." I sigh. Many emotions are running through my head, but the one that I let through is rage.

Enzo enters the room. "Everything is ready," he informs me.

"Let's go," I say to both of them as I walk to the door.

------------------------------------------------

Once we arrived at the villa that Aleksandr Morozov is staying at, I took a deep breath before releasing it.

"Enzo, never leave Lea's side under any circumstance." Damiano orders him before he gets out of the car.

"Roger that." Enzo follows suit; he checks his surroundings for a brief second before offering his hand to help me get out of the car.

My outfit is simple yet elegant. I am wearing a Dark Red Open Back Bead Embroidered Dress from Elie Saab paired with Black Movida Booty Ankle Boots from Christian Louboutin. The outfit is perfect for the occasion. Originally, I was going to wear high heels, but since I needed a place to hide the syringe, I ended up choosing ankle boots. If I am being honest, the syringe is not comfortable at all, but I like to think that I am getting used to the feeling.

I walked up the stairs of the villa, and once I was at the door, a Russian guard opened it to let me through. The guard stopped Enzo and Damiano to check if they were carrying any weapons.

We enter together once the guard lets them through.

As planned, the rest of my bodyguards stayed outside the villa by the cars; they will be waiting until Damiano or Enzo gives them the signal to engage.

"Lea!" I hear his voice. I looked to my right, and there he was, coming down the stairs to greet me.

"What a pleasure to have you here." He gets close to me. I offer my hand to him, and he kisses it. I was going for a handshake, if I am being honest, but what a gentleman he turned out to be.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Morozov," I say with a (fake) smile.

"Damiano, it's nice having you here." Aleksandr greets him next, and they shake hands.