Epilogue Part Two

Suzie was lost in her thoughts and struggling with a stubborn zipper, so she jumped at his voice.

"I'm sorry, love." He stepped close and dropped a kiss on her ear as he reached for the zipper. "Let me help."

She loved the way his voice sent tingles down her spine every time he called her Love.

"The boys are ready to go and the little princess is holding court on the couch." He said as he realized the zipper was stuck. His thoughts turned to his daughter as he worked the zipper loose.

It wasn't lost on him that Summer Rayn Baker earned the nickname Stormy shortly after she started walking. Suzie made the comment that the little girl took off walking and never looked back. That she was going to take the world by storm. He was about the same age when people started calling him Rowdy...

"All done." He patted the zipper.

"Thank you." Suz turned and flashed him a smile.

That smile.

He let out a sigh and realized he needed to draw a breath first

Under the influence of his boyish adoration, Ashley always turned him a stumbling fool. But Suz took his breath away whenever she gave him that smile that he knew was for him alone.

After six-and-a-half years, she still took his breath away...

Every time.

"I love you, dear." Suz grinned, enjoying the way he looked so smitten. "But we really do need to get going. We're already late."

"I don't think the Morgans will mind a few minutes."

"I'm sure you're right, but you know as well as I do that it will take a few minutes more before the kids are settled and we can get to work on sorting out the donations and making up the care boxes. And we only have so much time before the girls will be tuckered out."

"Shall we, then?" He stuck out his elbow and winked as she gave him a quick once-over.

"I do love that shirt on you."

The Baker Boy signature grin was her only reply as he let her leave the room ahead of him.

---

"Suzie!" Arayna greeted with a smile. "Rowdy. Come in. Jesse is in the TV room, boys." Arayna smiled as she took the plates that the boys handed her on their way past.

"Wayer is Katie?" Stormy asked from her perch on Daddy's arm as Suzie took off her little pink coat.

"She's in her room. She has a tea party all ready and the guests are waiting on you, Princess Stormy."

"With wheel tea?"

"No. But the cookies are real." Arayna smiled.

"Down." Stormy wiggled and hit the ground running.

"If only we could bottle up that energy." Arayna chuckled.

"If only." Suzie sighed. "That was much easier than I thought it was going to be."

Already the sounds of happy play floated down the hall.

"Thanks again for having us." Suzie said with a smile as she finally got to hug her friend in greeting.

"Thank you for the help!" Arayna smiled. "Mom is in the dining room getting all set for sorting."

"And Graham?" Rowdy asked.

Suz didn't miss the Baker Boy Grin and knew he was hoping that the husbands were assigned to something fun.

"He's out back. He was determined to grill tonight, regardless of the cold." The way Arayna said the latter, Suzie knew it was an argument that was lost. "He shoveled off the deck so he could set up the grill."