Chapter 16

Since Selest lost a patient that just happened to be a child she has not been able to go back to work and has hit a stage of severe depression and Draco has been trying to get through to her but it hasn't been working he has tried everything short of smacking her across the face, he has finally had enough and decides to contact his father in law to see if he has any insights on what to do and where they go from here.

"Selest I'm going to take Sarina to see your dad i will be back in a couple of hours"

"....."

not getting any response out of his wife he sighs and picks up Sarina and  floos to riddle manor, when he arrives he goes straight to his father in laws office and knocks on the door and enters when he is bid to.

"hi Marvolo, i need help i just can't do it alone anymore"

"do what alone?" Marvolo questions 

"bring your daughter through her depression and raise Sarina at the same time" answers Draco 

"ok I'm going to need some context there son"

"she lost a patient Marvolo, it was a child about 8 years old cardiac arrest and she hasn't been back to work since she just sits at home staring into space whispering 'its my fault i should have saved her'"

"it sounds like right now she needs her father as she has been like this once before and the only thing that  snapped her out of it was as strange as it is was a long hard spanking "

"really i don't think punishing her is the right way to go i think she  needs therapy"

"its not a punishment trust me it will work and after she will talk about it but sending her to therapy won't work as she won't open up until she feels as though she has been punished come with me you will see"

so Marvolo, Draco and Sarina go back to Malfoy manor to find Selest sitting in the same position whispering the same thing over and over to herself 

"ENOUGH, what is  this young lady sitting here alone ignoring your daughter and husband get up and tell me what is going through your mind"

"WHAT IS GOING THROUGH MY MIND IS THAT I LOST A PATIENT A CHILD AT THAT AND ITS MY FAULT"

"FINE you think its your fault then come here and bend over my knee and we will deal with it after which you will talk to me about what you could have done differently if anything"

half an hour later Selest is worn out from her spanking and her butt really hurts but she feels she can let out everything that is on her mind now 

"Dad it was my fault that patient was my responsibility and i couldn't save her i couldn't operate because the parents hadn't yet signed the consent forms and she died before i could do anything about her heart defect"

"stop repeat what you just said again the bit about the parents"

"the parents hadn't signed the consent forms"

"exactly you didn't have the needed consent to operate on that patient so it wasn't your fault ok so you go back into work on Monday with your head held high because you have nothing to be ashamed of as you did everything you could and the patient died sometimes these things happen but it is not your fault and you will not hide away any longer do you understand"

"yes dad and thank you for pulling me back out of the black hole and Draco honey I'm sorry I've been absent the last few days I love you"