chapter 17

Selest has now been back at work for a week when she is called  into the chief of surgeries office. When she gets to the door she knocks and then enters.

"you wanted to see me chief"

"yes I did, I have noticed your great work ethic and your determined approach to medicine and healing various heart defects that I wasn't even sure could be done as such I am giving you first opportunity to decline or accept my offer of taking over from me when I retire next week"

"wow i'm shocked I wasn't expecting that can I take a few days to think about it and discuss it with my husband?"

"yes of course,  also as a bonus you will still be head of cardio as myself and HR  are not letting  Dr Wright  be head of cardio as we see him as a menace. You have been training mr Matthews correct"

"yes he used to be my head nurse but wanted to start training  to be a doctor and he is doing remarkably well I have to say I think by the end of this week he should be ready to go it alone as my second in command"

"may I suggest then that if you take the chief of surgery job that he take up head of cardio then"

"yes indeed he was a great nurse despite his mistake a year ago that was more dr wright's fault than his to be honest, if that is all I would like to clock off early to go and discuss this with my husband"

"off course I will shadow Dr Matthews  for today, off you go and good luck"