P R O L G U E

everyday it rains in

what was once paradice

but now is just

my empty

broken

life

P R O L O G U E

Running. I was running. So hard, so fast. Adrenaline pumped through me, and I carried on even though my muscles ached and my throat was burning, even though it felt like every bone in my body was going to snap in a matter of seconds. Because I couldn't go back, not ever, and I couldn't let him catch up to me, get me. He'd punnish me I know, even worse than he already had. And then I'd barley be able to see under the swollen, bruised skin above my eyes, and I would never get another chance to get away what with all the broken bones in my legs. It had happened once before, three years ago, but I had never been fit enough after that, to try again. He'd caught me. And brought me back. And punnished me. Just like he would if he caught me this time. And so I had spent ages training, geting fitter any chance I had, so this time there wasn't even a chance he could catch me. And I knew, as well as he did, that once I was gone, it would be near impossible to get me back,although I was damn well sure he'd try...

And then suddenly my foot was caught, on a root or something sticking out of the ground, and I was falling. Hard. And as the ground came rushing toward me I vaguely remember thinking to my self, 'I wonder how he'll punish me this time...'