C H A P T E R 23

When times are hard

And you are scared

Look through the window

Imagine you're anywhere

But there

And just know

We do care

Oh, how much we care

C H A P T E R 24

'I... We... We have something to tell you guys...'

I looked up, it was Josh speaking, his face was a flaming beet red, and he was looking at Daniel out of the corner of his eye.

'Yes, we do...' Said Daniel. 'Shall I tell them, or should you?'

'Um... Could you?'

'Course-'

'Look, kiddies, much as we love and adore the suspense,' said Lilly drawing out the words 'love' and 'adore'. 'As much as we love, and adore it, could you dudes just...' she pretended to think. 'Spit it out?'

'Yes... Right...' said Josh, turning even redder.

'Well, Josh and I, we're kind of... Going out?'

He said it like a question, like he was unsure, and both of them looked worried about our reactions.

'Are you sure?' Asked Lilly, unsmiling.

'Er... yes?'

'You really don't sound it.'

'Yes, damn it, I'm sure.' Daniel snapped, all the while, Emma, James, Sam, Jesse and I just watched silently. I felt a small smile playing on my features.

'Good.' Said Lilly. 'Just making sure.' Then her face broke into a smile. 'Congrats, guys!' She squealed.

‘Really, Lils?’ said Josh.

'Yup, really.'

'You just had had to scare us like that didn't you?' Said Josh.

'Um... yup?'

We rolled our eyes, and Sam pulled Lilly onto his lap.

'Love you too, guys.' She said, sarcastically.

Emma squealed, and we looked over at her questioningly.

'What? I have a late reaction time, and it's only just sunk in!'

'Okay, babe... Course, it has.' Said James.

She rolled her eyes but other than that ignored him. 'I knew it!' she squealed, turning back to a now kind of scared Daniel, and Josh. 'I just knew you would!'

Well... I said. They still had no idea what I thought, and I made sure to keep my expression blank. They looked at me slightly worriedly. I absolutely, completely, utterly... Approve!

A look of relief crossed Joshes face, but Daniel had a weird unreadable expression on his face. I shrugged it off.

Then I looked around, realizing that They were looking at us, Luke, and Angus, Josh's ex- best friends, and the new homophobe, Theo. They were glaring hard. I stuck my tongue out at them, rather childishly, and Jess laughed, patting me on the back. Until then he had been his usually quiet, reserved self.

They ignored me though, and then stood up, and started walking over to us.

'What do you want, thick heads? Huh?' That was Lilly. Luke looked around nervously, knowing what she was capable of, but Theo stood his ground.

'We just wanted to let you and your friends know that being gay is a disease, disgusting, and that anyone who supports it, or is gay, will burn in hell with the devil.'

'Right. Okay, thank you for that. Can you leave now? My nostrils are beginning to hurt from the stench of your homophobicness... Is that even a word?'

Theo looked taken aback by her response and shrugged. 'Alright.'

They left, but not without a slap from Lilly.

'Sorry... that, you know, I used to be friends with them...' said Josh, looking down at his hands.

'It's okay, Joshie. It's not your fault they're homophobes.' Daniel replied, comfortingly. 'You and me are all that matter. Not anyone else.'

'Aw, that's so adorable guys!' said Emma.

'Oh my god, I know!' Lilly squealed.

'Oh, God.' Sam whispered to James. 'What are we going to do with them? They are off their trollies.'

'Nothing.' Said Lilly, who had overheard heard them. 'No, lovey-dovey stuff for at least a weak, Samuel Jackson.'

'What? Sorry, sorry! I didn't mean it! I swear, Lils!'

'If I'm so off my trolly, you won't want me right?' She said, smiling evilly.

'Please, Lilly! I love you! I'll do anything!'

'Man, he is whipped.' Muttered James.

'And you aren't?' Jesse asked.

'No! I'm not.'

'Really?' Asked Emma, ' So you won't mind if you get the same treatment from me, as what Lilly is giving to Sam?'

'Sorry, babe!'

She grinned. 'That’s what I thought.'

'Whipped.' said Jesse.

'Oh, and you aren't?'

Jesse huffed. What did James mean? Was he going out with someone. A fierce jealousy took ahold of me. I wasn’t meant to feel this way. I ignored it, and put on a smile.

'So, Sammy...' Lilly said, attempting to be remotely seductive. 'About that anything...'

His eyes widened realizing what he had said.

'Oh, shit... I take it back! Please, let me take it back!'

'Don't worry, honey. I'll be good. All you have to do is by me all the sugar I want for three weeks...'

'Not as bad as it could have been, mate. Seriously, I'd take it.' Said James, to which he just received a glare. 'What? Just putting it out there!'

But we were interrupted by the bell.

Next period, Lilly was called to the Principals office over the loud speaker. I wonder if it could be to do with the slaps she dished out to Them, at lunch?

Oh, well, those homophobes got what they deserved.