C H A P T E R 16

I thought this was what you wanted

I thought you loved me like no other

I thought I could feel your desire

That I really did inspire

But now you seem tired

Of me

C H A P T E R 16

He pulled away.

I thought this was what he wanted. But he pulled away. Why did he pull away? Why did he only let our lips touch for precious seconds? Did he not like it? Does he not want me? Was he tricking me all along?

I looked at my hands. After all I'd told him-

'Kat, let me explain... please?'

'What is there to explain? You don't want me.'

'Of course I want you, you silly girl. I always have.'

'Then why'd you stop?'

'I didn't want to take advantage. I know you don't love me. Even more than ever, now you told me about Levi... I just wanted to know how it felt... And, I admit, whether you liked me like that deep down... But I took advantage of you in that state, and I'm sorry.'

''Don't be sorry... You didn't take advantage. I liked it. I wanted you. And although I will always love Levi, whatever happened to him... I... I think I'm starting to like you. Like that... As I said. You weren't taking advantage. You couldn't have been...' I looked at my hands. 'I like you Jesse, but... I... I can't...'

'Shh, it's okay. I understand. You don't have to do anything you don't want...'

'I feel so selfish...' I said.

'It's up to you what you want. You're not being selfish. I shouldn't have kissed you, I'm sorry.'

I stood inside the cupboard, and smiled slightly giving him my hand as he got up too.He smiled back sadly.

'Don't be sorry, Jesse. You did nothing wrong.'

'But-'

I cut him off with a quick peck on the lips before I walked swiftly out of the room, my cheeks burning crimson.

I didn't care what he said. I was glad he kissed me.

Maybe there would be more in future.

Just not yet.

I wasn't ready yet.