Chapter Eight -The truth.

Shouting was the first thing Alice could register as she began to gain consciousness. That and the fact she was sprawled across leaves and mud. She groaned and twisted around and the shouts halted to a stop. Alice's eyes blinked open and all she could make out where the black silhouettes of people and large flickering orange lights. They seemed to surround Alice in a circle. Containing her. 

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd awaken." 

Alice jolted up and her eyes adjusted quickly. Flamed roared and flickered around her, and the people finally came into focus, however all she could see was Ester. She was standing within the same Fiery circle beside the man who had attacked Alice originally.

"What do you want with me?" Alice demanded, but the fear in her voice detained any threat that could have been underlying her demand.

"It's not particularly you I require. My children mostly." She gestured to the three men standing tall and stiff out side the circle. 

"Why? What are you doing?"

Alice stepped backwards and the flames behind her grew angrily. Roaring at her to back away. 

"Doing something I should have done a thousand years ago."

Ester started chanting. Words Alice couldn't understand floated through the air and everything seemed to heat up drastically. The flames increasing in size for a moment before relaxing back to their original size.

"Mother! Stop this madness!" Alice 's attention snapped over and she found Klaus standing on the other side of the flames, Kol by his side and an unknown man the other side of him.

"Klaus." Alice whimpered.

Everyone's attention fell to her.

"Alice?"

Alice's bottom lip trembled as tears stung at the corner of her eyes. She was terrified. She had no idea what was going on but everyone seemed to know just who she was.

Ester laughed bitterly as she looked between her son and the scared girl. "Do you not see it, Niklaus? The resemblance? It's uncanny, is it not? But yet you've still convinced yourself to call her 'Alice?' Why?"

Klaus ignored her question instead throwing his own. "What is she doing here, Mother. She has nothing to do with this."

"Actually." Ester said. " You'd be surprised with how involved she is."

Alice quickly shook her head as each of the men turned to face her, accusingly. "She- she's lying. I don't know anything! Please believe me."

"Yes," Ester agreed. "She truly does know nothing. But that's not what I meant." Ester made perfect eye contact with Klaus. "Niklaus, say 'hello' to your lost love, Aleysia."

Alice froze. So it was true. She wasn't who she thought she was. Her name wasn't Alice everything had been a lie.

"No." Klaus growled. "You're lying! Aleysia's dead. She died hundreds of years ago. I killed her!"

"You thought you killed her." Ester corrected. 

Klaus shook his head. "No, she was dead. I-i know she was dead."

"How could you have known? You left her there, all alone in the Forrest. You ran from it. Unfortunately I was dead still at the time, I could do nothing myself, however there was fellow witch living in the village. I was able to contact her from the other side and once you had left Aleysia's side that night; my witch did as she was told." Ester moved to look at Alice. "Sweet, innocent Aleysia was frozen in time... Until now."