Chapter Two- Recognition

After Kol had walked out and left Alice alone to contemplete what she had unwillingly commited to, she had no idea what she required to do exactly. The term 'Ball' wasn't lost on her, she understood the concept and what was expected of her, but she had no means of aquiring the necessities. In fact she had now idea how to acquire anything, everything was strange and unusual to her, there world was confusing and different, -She wasn't sure as to how different it was, considering no memory resided in her mind to what she was expecting, but this definitely wasn't it, with small talking people and metal monster. 

Alice's small apartment was bare of anything that could give it a certain persons personality, she had no belongings except a small tattered old bag holding a few clothing items. There was no need for her to look inisde in hopes of a ball gown appearing for she already knew that she did not own one. 

Kol had seemed so adamant on her arriving with him tonight that Alice found herself actually begining to feel slightly panicked. Kol was strange one, his personality was hard to decifer, one moment he was friendly and helpful, the next he was cocky and persistant and Alice was not quite sure she felt about that. Although a part of her felt like she owned tonight to him- for saving her life early today that is. IF it was not for him, she would more than likely be dead and that thought alone had her feeling gratatude to the handsome young stranger. 

Alice was pulled from her inner thought with a rapid rap on the door. The noise shocked her and she almost jumped right out her skin, as she twisted her head to face all around her small apartment, trying to locate the source of the sound. But the room was silent. Till it sounded again, this time Alice was able to pinpoint it and hesitantly made her way to the front door.

When she reached it, she was cautious about openinging, the things she had witnessed today alone had made her weary. 

"Hello?" She called out timidly.

It was silent for a moments, only shuffling on the other side of the door could be heard. "Are you Alice?" A feminin voice called back.

Alice felt relief flood her body at the sound of a human being and carefully pulled back the door open a crack to peer through. A small young brunette woman stood in the hall watching intently, a large rectangular white box balanced underneath her arm and a large black heavey looking bag held tightly in the other.

"Yes, I'm Alice." 

The young woman gave a sigh of relief before grinning broadly up at the confused red head. "Great, I've been told to give you this," she handed over the large white box and Alice slowly reached out to take it. "And to help you look pretty for tonight."

Alice was taken aback by the brunettes forwardness and she wasn't quite sure how she felt about it. "Excuse me?" She said.

"Oh!" The woman exclaimed before patting down her jacket and pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. "I was supposed to give it to you." She said, handing it over. 

Alice took a hold of it gently and looked down at the piece of paper, her name scribbled across the top fold. She quickly glanced up at the brunett once more before flipping the paper open.

Enjoy the dress, Darling. 

-Kol. 

"Kol sent you?" Alice asked, double checking. 

The brunett grinned and nodded. "Yup." She lifted up the black bag and gave it a teasing shake. "'I'm here to dress you up."

Alice was unsure about this, the woman was a stranger - But then again so was everyone. She scanned the over active woman before deciding to take the risk. Alice took a step backwards and pulled the door open further, allowing enough room for the woman to walk through.