Chapter Eleven - Monstrous.

England, 1490.

"Aleysia, are you not going to eat?"
The young red head's attention snapped up to the direction of her Mother and Father and blinked owlishly. "I'm sorry, pardon?"
Aleysia and her parents were seated around an uneven, wooden splintered table, a bowl of what one could only assume as a weak attempt at porridge sat in front of each of them. But Aleysia's was completely untouched. Her old, crooked, flimsy, metal spoon still angled just as her mother had placed it.
"I said," Her mother spoke up. "Are you not going to eat?"
Aleysia glanced down and daintily picked up her utensil, slowly filling her mouth with the food. She swallowed. "I apologize, Mother. I was lost in thought."
Her parents exchanged knowing looks before her father cleared his throat. "Aleysia, you must know that no one expects a thing from you."
"I know, Father." She replied, quietly. "That's not why I do it."
"Then please explain why," Her mother finally snapped. "I have been every so patient with you, Aleysia, but i'm growing tired of your games. When are you going to grow up and accept the life that you have?"
Aleysia dropped her spoon and it cluttered to the table loudly in their small home. "Why do you not understand that this is what I want? I'm not hurting anyone, or cause disruption or pain. I'm helping people, Mother and I enjoy it."
Her mother slammed her hand down on the table. "Helping people? Is that what you've decided to call it? What kind of aid are you offering?"
Aleysia pushed herself back away from the table. "Why are you being like this?"
Her mother stood up, with eyes blazing with fury. "Because you're deceiving yourself. This isn't the life that was created for you-"
"I don't want something that had been foreseen and planned out for me!"
"You don't get that choice!" Her mother roared.
A screeching sounded though the room as her father forced himself to his feet. He quickly clasped both his hands on his wife's shoulders and pulled her backwards.
"Elizabeth, darling, you need calm down." He murmured softly. But his soothing tone did nothing to dull the fire burning brightly inside both his daughter and wife.
"Nickolas!" She screeched, " How can you stand by and allow our daughter to lessen herself?"
Aleysia watched her parents with an aching heart. She just wanted them to understand, to support her like they used to pretend they did. She'd give anything for them to go back to pretending. because at least that way she could -herself, pretend that they were in fact proud of her. They she wouldn't need to forcefully tell herself that she was doing a god thing; the right thing. But just take a glance at her mothers disapproving expression, she knew that that was never going to be the case.
"I'm at your side on the matter, Elizabeth, however yelling will accomplish nothing." He said, rubbing his hands up and down Elizabeth's arms and gradually she began to calm down and relax. Or enough to re seat herself anyway.
"Okay," She said, calmly. "Perhaps we could discuss this in a civilized matter?"
But Aleysia was already shaking her head. "There's nothing to discuss, Mother. You know my feelings and I now know yours. Anything more said would not benefit neither one of us. So, I refuse to sit here and listen to you scold me like a child. I am no child, Mother. You keep reminding me of that, so I beg you to stop treating me like one."
Aleysia's words rekindled the anger in her mother but Nickolas' hands on her shoulders kept her seated. Aleysia knew that nothing good would come from lingering in the house, so she turned away from her parents and barely touched food and made her away to the descending stairs. The old wooden floorboards creaking uneasily under her weight.
Her mother remained silent in Aleysia's retreat, she kept her eyes focused on her Daughter and Aleysia could feel it but refused to fall and crumble under her mothers hot gaze.

Present Day -Mikaelson Manor.

"No!" Klaus cried, blurring to Alice's side. She was corpse-like; deathly pale and waxen. She looked ill, so very ill and the sight twisted Klaus' stomach in painful, churning knots. His fingers pressed against the soft delicate skin of her neck, moving frantically to find any sign of a pulse, but he felt nothing. Just her cold skin. "No. No, no, no, no. . ." He muttered brokenly as he tried searching for any sign that she was still alive. But there was nothing. Her heart had completely stopped beating. She had no pulse.
The room was enveloped in a devastating silence. Kol stared at Alice's body with wide, pain-filled eyes, whilst Elijah's whole body had gone numb. This wasn't supposed to happen, he thought. The guilt that suddenly consumed him was one he hadn't felt in a long time. Both brothers watched their sibling cradling his love to his chest as he cried over her silently. Neither one knew what to do with themselves; they couldn't move. They could barely breath as it was.
"You have to wake up," Klaus whispered into Alice' wild, red hair as he held her to him. His head rested on top of hers resting on his chest. "You have to come back. You can't leave me. Not again. I-I can't take the pain again, Aleysia. Please," He whimpered. "You- you have to come back to me."
This was what it was going to take. This was going to be the one thing to break him completely. Shatter whatever remained of his humanity. The good, civilized, redeemable part of Klaus was going to be lost forever. This was too much even for the strong, relentless, warrior the Hybrid had become over time. His one true love was gone. . . again.
Tears slid down his cheeks like a constant flow of rain. "Please, please, please," He murmured, rocked her body back and fourth. But even with his pleading Alice didn't move, there wasn't even a twitch.
Klaus held her that way for a while. His arms protecting her, holding her close, just feeling her as he repeatedly pleaded for her to wake up. There was no way that she could be gone that easily. She shouldn't be. She had a second chance to live her life. . . with him if she chose to and like the first, it was ripped away from her. The longer Klaus held her body and let his thoughts run rampant the angrier he quickly grew. This was his fault. He did this.
"Why?" Klaus finally choked out. His voice thick with his tears. He didn't turn around to look. He just kept his eyes focused straight ahead of him at the wooden headboard of his bed.
All three of the brothers knew who he was talking to but yet no one answered. Either one of them knew just what to say. What could they say. There wasn't a word out there that could be helpful right now.
"Why did you do it? I told you not too. I knew that it was a bad idea, that it wouldn't work. . . And now she's de-ad." His voice cracked on the last painful word. "She's dead because of you." He ended with a growl that seemed to vibrate off of each wall.
"Niklaus. . ." Elijah trailed off. He wanted desperately to comfort his brother, to be by his side in this deep intense heartache but Klaus was right- this was his fault.
"You went against me, Elijah. You betrayed me and it cost Aleysia's life."
"I'm sorry," Elijah apologized softly, "My intentions were never malevolent. I was trying to save her."
"But you killed her instead! You killed her, Elijah. You and that soon-to-be-dead Bennett Witch."
It was until that moment that they had forgotten about the unconscious witch on the floor. And at Klaus' mention of her Elijah sped to her side, checking for a pulse. Upon finding one he let a breathe of relief.
"Don't worry, Elijah," Klaus said chillingly. He turned his head slowly to look over his shoulder at his brother and the witch. "She may be alive for the moment, but don't count on it to remain that way. I'm going to drag it out in the most painful way possible."
Elijah was quickly on his feet standing in front of the Bennett witches body. "Niklaus, I know that you're hurting-"
"You know nothing about this pain, Elijah. Nothing!"
"-But hurting others isn't going to bring her back." He continued on, trying to ignore Klaus' interruption.
Klaus laughed darkly, his whole posture and attitude had changed from the sad man a moment ago. . . Now he was enraged and very very vengeful. Carefully with a hand supporting Alice's head, he laid her down and the stood, facing his back stabbing brother.
"You're right," Klaus agreed. "Hurting other's isn't going to bring her back, but it'll bring me a hell of a lot of satisfaction. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with you. Dagger through the heart? Yeah, I thought about that," He shook his head, a crazy smile on his lips. "too easy. Painless. All you'd suffer from would be a leap out of time. No, I want you to feel my pain. I want you to suffer like you deserve. She was innocent and so pure, and now she's nothing. A soon-to-be- rotting corpse because of you. You deserve nothing but the fury depths of hell. And I'm going to make you live it." Klaus took a step forward and then another and he continued on like that until he was standing in front of Elijah. His eyes were like newly polished rocks, hard, shiny and emotionless. "Never before in my entire existence have I wanted you dead, Elijah. Never." he clenched his jaw. "Until now." And then without a second of a warning, he forced his fit into Elijah's chest. His hand clenching around his heart. Klaus squeezed mercilessly and Elijah's eyes widen with excruciating pain, gasps and groans slipped from his lips and his hand grabbed at Klaus' arm in sudden alarm.
"It's a shame I can't rip it out." He mused, tightening his grip. Elijah groaned. "It hurts, doesn't it? Now you can fully understand the agonizing pain I feel right now." Klaus' fingers twitched. "It feels like this. Like someone's reached inside me and taken a hold of my heart. And they're not letting go, Elijah. They're never going to let go. This pain is going to follow me around until my final day and seeing as I'm immortal and cannot be killed- well, i'm sure you can image just how excruciating that'll be."
"Nik. . ." Kol's voice suddenly spoke up.
Klaus cocked his head to the side but kept his focus on Elijah. "Not now, Kol. You can have your turn afterwards; i'm not done."
"Nik," He tried again, but Klaus ignored him.
"It's funny, Elijah, wouldn't you say? You thought me a monster the first time I lost her, I can't wait to see what you think about me for a second time. Because I'm done being careful and I'm done caring if all it's going to do is find a way to break me. I refuse to be broken completely, so i'm going to leave nothing left to be broken." He ripped his hand out of Elijah's con-caved chest, blood trickled off the tips of his fingers onto the neatly polished floor. Elijah slumped against the wall, his body weak as his body immediately went to work healing itself.
"Don't do this, Niklaus. Don't become the monster you were before-"
"I wont," Klaus said, backing away, wiping his hand on his jacket. "The monster before was tame in comparison to what's to come. You won't know what to call it. I'd be even a monsters' worse nightmare."
"Ugh," a groan came from the floor just a little distance away from the brother, and it instantly snapped their attention.
Klaus grinned manically. "Ah! The witch is awakening. About time." He looked at Elijah. "I'm going out for a drink, I need it." and he backed out of the room. But almost as soon as he left he popped his head back in. "You didn't think I was going to keep her alive, did you?"
"I hoped," Elijah groaned.
"She's going to suffer just as much as you will. Killing her would be the merciful thing to do; the good thing. No, i'm going to kill everyone she cares about, everyone who knows her and i'm going to leave her for last, so she can feel the guilt of knowing that she was the cause of their death. They'll all be dead because of her. She's going to share my pain, just like you will, but fortunately for her, she's on a time limit. She doesn't have forever like you do, brother." Klaus inhaled and clapped his hands together sharply. "I guess I better get started then, huh? Oh, don't hesitate to inform her on what's going on when she regains consciousness; It's more fun when they know."
The house stayed silent the moment Klaus left the bedroom. Elijah knew that he should follow Klaus, stop him some how, but he was still recovering, if he went against his brother now he'd accomplish nothing.
"Elijah!" Kol snapped as soon as the front door slammed shut.
"Kol, now is really not the time. I don't care what you have to say, right now. All the hateful things you have lined up can wait." Elijah said, standing up straight. He groaned as his torso stretched and the regrowing skin and healing bones moved painfully. He wheezed out for a moment.
"Elijah!" Kol growled. "Listen to me."
"No, Kol! Enough is eno-"
"She's alive!"
Elijah's mouth snapped shut at the two words and his gaze fell on Alice's body. The room was still and hushed and Elijah focused everything he had into his hearing. It took him a few seconds but then he heard it.
The faint heart beat that hadn't been there before. Lub-dub, Lub-dub, Lub-dub. . .