Chapter Fourteen -Sadistic.

Present Day - Mystic Falls.

"Help!" A woman screamed fearfully as she stumbled blindly through the thick coverage of trees. Her clothes were torn as the stray branches clawed at her like a rabid dog; reaching and grabbing as if to trap her, to halt her in her attempts to escape her pursuer. "Please! Help me!" Her voice cracked under the strain of her shrill scream.
Her pleas for help fell upon deaf ears, she was too far from the road from anything public. The darkness that the night offered was terrifying. It was the physical appearance of what death would look like. Nothing. Just a dark void that offers nothing but the eternity of obscured nothingness. The young woman was shaking in her fear, quaking at the thought that this could be her last moment. The trepidation coursed through her, blanking all her rational throughs. All she could managed to think of was the unblinking terror.
A malicious laugh seemed to pierce through the darkness, bouncing from tree to tree, circling her. "You can't run for me. I can smell you," The young woman fell against the closest tree and hid behind it. "And you smell mouthwatering."
The woman stifled a sob behind her hands. Her red hair that had fallen lose from the intricate plait stuck to her face. "Please," She prayed in a whisper.
"I can also hear you and no one's coming to rescue you. You're all alone." Her attacker taunted.
A twig snapped to the left of the woman and her breathe hitched in her throat as the tears fell hot and large down her cheeks. Her make-up was disarrayed; smirred down her face only added the nightmarish fear.
"I-I don't know what you want-"
"Of course you don't. No one does." The teasing and taunting tone to his voice was gone now and each word was on the verge of a growl.
"Please! Don't k-kill me." Her words were almost indistinguishable as the tremor in her voice wavered even more.
Leave crunched and she knew that he was slowly walking his way over to her, but she had nowhere else to run. She wasn't even sure if she was heading in the direction of civilisation or further away from any chance of survival.
"I never said I was going to kill you." He mused. "I am," He added. "and i'm sure i'll enjoy every moment of it. But assuming something is where you make your mistake."
The young woman shuddered under his harsh tone. He was suddenly angry; furious.
"Assumptions are for the weak." He growled. "It's what people do to make themselves feel better. It's a way for them to pretend that there are alternative solutions to problems with only one. It's how people make mistakes."
A scream ripped it's way from the young woman's throat as her attacker appeared in front of her, materialised like a ghost. Blood dripped down his chin and his blue eyes were wild, flashing dangerously.
He smirked. "Do you want me to let you in on a little secret?"
The red head was frozen in fear and didn't move.
He stepped closer until the tip of his shoes were touching hers and he lent in closer to her ear. "I wasn't going to kill you." he pulled back, marvelling at the devastation and fear coating his victims face. "Or I don't think I was. I have a problem, you see; I'm impulsive. My brother loves to tell me that all the time. Over and over again - like I didn't already know; but I do. I've killed people because they've simple annoyed me, I revel in the feel of their lives being held in the palm of my hand, like yours is right now. Whether you survive this night or not is complete up to me." He flashed a sadistic grin, his teeth gleaming threateningly in the moonlight. "Your odds aren't looking too good."
Gently he brushed a lock of her red hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. "You remind me of someone." He said, gazing at her, almost admiringly. "Someone I keep losing." His features hardened. "Someone who keeps leaving me." His hand shot out unblinkingly fast and grabbed her throat. Her eyes bulged under the pressure and she gasped for breath as she clawed at his hand. But all attempts to escape were futile. He was far too strong for her.
"Do you have any siblings?" He asked.
The young woman opened her mouth to reply but only managed to squeak under his strong grip and quickly opted for shaking her head. "You're a lucky one then, Love. Sibling cause you nothing but pain and assume that they can get away with it because they're family."He cocked his head. "Actually, that's not quite true; you see, I come from a big family-"He cut himself off as he stared at the woman.
Her eyes began to droop and her face was a very unnatural shade of red and purple from lack of air. With an annoyed roll of his eyes he released his chocking hold on her and her dropped to her knees, coughing and panting. Her throat was red and had already began to bruise in the shape of finger prints.
"Sometimes it's easy to forget how fragile you humans are. It's pathetic really."
"P-please-"
"Begging for you life will do nothing but shorten your time."
"Y-you don't h-have to do this."
"No," He agreed. "I don't. But you might find it hard to believe but I enjoy it! It's fun. It reminds me just who's in charge. I'm the powerful one."
She was drowning in her tears. Her throat was blocked and she could do nothing but sob as her impending death loomed over her.
"Do you ever stop crying?"
That just made her sob louder.
The young man rolled his blue eyes and grabbed a fistful of her hair pulling her back to her. "You don't deserve to live like this; Afraid and emotionally damaged. You look too much like her to live. If I allowed that I would be weak and I can't have it. I won't have that! Because I am not weak!" His face morphed. His fangs elongated and his eyes turned bright burning gold.
The red headed woman gasped and then a torturous scream ripped through her throat and her attack's teeth sunk into her neck, tearing into it; feasting. She struggled in his arms but it was futile, his grip was unbreakable. He wasn't going to let go.