Chapter Twelve -Manic.

England, 1490.

"Aleysia! Aleysia, come and look." The small, eager, brunet boy, bounced on the balls of his feet in excitement.
"Edward, what is it?" Aleysia asked curiously. She grinned down at her younger brother affectionately. He grabbed her hand and started tugging her away from the flowers she had previously been hunched over, admiring. The thin woven basket that had been hanging from her left arm slipped off and fell to the ground, several small bouquets of daisies and daffodil's rolled out into the mud.
Aleysia sighed. "Edwards, look what you've just done."
The small boy paused in his attempt to tug his sister away and glanced back at the mess that he had caused. His smile faded and his large brows furrowed. "I'm so sorry, Aleysia. I didn't mean it. I promise." He released her hand and hurried over to the disarrayed flowers. He knelt down in the mud, not caring about the mud that was getting on his already terribly dirty trousers, and delicately collected everything that had been spilt.
Aleysia crouched down and placed a hand softly on her brother shoulder. "Edward, it's alright. You need not do that." But Edward ignored her. He felt bad. He knew what the flowers meant to his sister and he didn't mean to ruin them.
Aleysia reached out for the basket but Edward got to it first. He snatched it away from her. Aleysia blinked owlishly at her brother. "Edward. . ." She said carefully. But before she could say anything more, Edward fell backwards onto his bottom, the woven basket held in both of his hands and the flower bouquets arranged perfectly inside. He held it out to his sister with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.
"I'm sorry." He apologised.
Aleysia was overcome with adoration as she looked down into her little brothers hopeful eyes. She extended a hand out to Edward and using her thumb, she gently wiped away a smudge of mud. "Thank you, little brother."
Edwards lips stretched and he handed the basket over to Aleysia who took it gratefully.
Aleysia stood up and held a hand out for Edward. He accepted it and allowed her to pull him up. When he was back to his feet Aleysia's eyes scanned over him and shook her head. "Mother is going to be furious."
Mud coated Edwards knees, hands and the sleeves of his old shirt that hung off of his body loosely. He glanced down at himself. "I'll say I was helping father."
"And lie?"
"She'll never notice the difference."
"Edward, lying is not the way to go." She said disappointedly. "You should already know this."
"But-"
Aleysia cocked her head to the side and looked at him. He paused and then looked down ashamed. "I'm sorry."
Aleysia watched her brother's bowed head and sighed. She ruffled his hair playful and his head shot up. "So, you were with father, you say. . ." She said with a grin.
Edwards eyes lit up and he sighed in relief. "Thank you, Aleysia."
He stretched his arms wide and came towards her, but she held up a hand, halting him. "No more lying, understand?"
He nodded eagerly and then she allowed him to wrap his arms around her waist. Aleysia leant down and rested her cheek on her younger brothers head with a smile.
She pulled away from her brother after a moment and beamed. "What was it you wished to show me?
"You're going to love it!" Edwards exclaimed, refocusing on the reason why he was there to begin with anyway. He grabbed her hand and tugged her behind. "Come on. Follow me."
Aleysia followed behind her excited younger brother as he lead her into her fathers Blacksmiths shop, just below their living residency.
The front of the shop was open and exposed to the word. A small wooden sign with a sword and hammer hung just above the dark alcove. Edwards grip of Aleysia's hand faltered as he dropped it to her side and rushed ahead of her inside. As she followed, cluttered of metal echoed inside followed by small grunting.
"Edward, is everything alright?" She called curiously. She stepped into the darkened room, moving carefully around clutter. When she was younger she loved being in here; watching her father work and something assisting in small meagre tasks. Although it had been a while since she had willingly stepping foot inside her fathers work area. It wasn't something she enjoyed doing after the accident. The room made her feel nauseated and uncomfortable. It was dark and gloomy, the only source of light being from the small lantern candle Edward had lit on the other side of the room. The flame licked at the wick and cause shadows to flickers and dance along the thin walls, the effect was doing nothing to sooth Aleysia' unease.
At the far side, Edward stood hunched over a splintered wooden table, a large black blanket covered the surface, hiding something.
Edward looked over his shoulders and his eyes were alight with glee and pure excitement, the reflection of the flame glimmered in his green eyes as he beckoned her over. "Do you want to see?"
Aleysia nodded. "Of course."
She stepped over a metal bucket filled near the brim with some pallid coloured liquid. The smell resonating from the bucket was not that much better. Aleysia swallowed back her disgusted and made her way to her brother.
She stood patiently at the end of the table and she watched as Edwards fingers twitched, fighting the urge to rip back the covering.
"Father disapproved." Edward spoke up and looked to Aleysia. "He didn't want to create such a thing for you, But I fought otherwise."
Aleysia opened her mouth to question Edwards vague words but before even a syllable could pass her lips, Edward ripped the black fabric from the desktop and Aleysia's jaw dropped.
"Oh my god. . ." She breathed in awe. "Is this- Is this for me?"
Edward nodded. "I've seen you watching the men when they're practicing outside."
Aleysia's fingers trembled with the force of all of her emotions. She was drowning in them, she couldn't seem to be able to orderly sort them. They were propelling off of each other, swarming her all at once and she found her eyes swelling with tears. She ever-so-gently glided her fingers over the steel blade. It was cold to her touch and sent a shiver down her spine. But it was beautiful. The sword that lay before her on the table was perfect. The hilt was a copper colour decorated with thin intricate silver designs; spirals and swirls intertwining together. The blade was smooth and flawless, the reflection of the candle light swayed on the shiny surface.
Aleysia turned to her brother, tears shining in her eyes. "Did you-"
"Yes," He replied, a soft smile on his lips. "Father helped a little bit, but he didn't agree the prospect of you wielding a sword, so I did the most of it."
Aleysia was speechless, all words were evading her. She wanted to cry -happy tears, of course, and see wanted to tell her brother just how grateful and appreciative of this wonderful gift she was, but she just couldn't find the words to do so. Instead she dropped to her knees and held out her arms. Edward without any hesitation fell into them and cuddled in her. Aleysia's arms were tight around him. Strong as she tried to express just have effected and moved by this gift that she was. She had never once received something so great.
"Happy birthday, Aleysia."

Present day -Mikaelson Manor.

"No. There's no way-" Elijah tried to deny.
"Then what exactly are we listening to, Elijah? She's alive, okay? Aleysia is still alive!" Kol snapped.
Elijah was by Aleysia side in seconds, fingers pressed to her neck. He found her pulse instantly as it throbbed strong and steady just like her rapidly growing heartbeat.
"She was dead. . ." Elijah mumbled.
"You were right, Elijah." Kol said from his side. "I think you saved her."
He shook his head. "No. This wasn't me. This wasn't Bonnie either."
"How do you know that? It was your idea to try that spell; you said that she had to die before anything else could be done."
Elijah stood back up and turned to his brother. "When I witnessed this spell in progress a couple of centuries ago, it was instant. The death and the resurrection. There was barely a moment between them. Her heart stopped and her breathing seized but only a couple of seconds later she was chocking for air- alive. That's not what happened here, Kol. Something's wrong."
"Why does something always have to be wrong when it didn't go according to plan? Things change with time, Elijah." Kol hissed.
"Ugh," a grunt from the floor broke the brothers away from each other and turned to the witch slowly regaining consciousness. Blood still oozed from Bonnie's nose and as her eyes snapped open and ear piercing scream resonated around the room, bouncing off of each wall. Elijah and Kol fell to their knees, hands clasped over their ears.
The scream died down in Bonnie's throat as she slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position. Elijah and Kol wearily released their ears and kept their eyes focus on the witch. The blank, glazed over look in here eyes didn't do anything to reassure the brothers -or Elijah that she was okay.
Her eyes flickered between Kol and Elijah before moving to Aleysia's body and then unexpectedly she grinned. But it was a usual grin, a happy, relieved grin, no, this was was crazy and manic. It stretched wide and exposed her teeth. She cocked her head to the side and blinked animatedly.
"Bonnie-" Elijah said.
Bonnie's head snapped to him and her grin inexplicably widened. "Elijah," She said. But her voice wasn't hers. It didn't belong to her. It was deep and gravelly, like rubbing two sheets of sand paper together. "It's been a long time."