Chapter seventeen- Awaken

The next morning there was no evidence of Klaus' presence in Aleysia's room, bar the small handwritten note pressed securely into her palm. Elijah noticed when he came into check on her that small, near unnoticeable things had changed and it gave him hope that perhaps this was his brothers time for redemption.

She looked better; healthier this morning. She no longer held that pale, waxy complexion, her cheeks instead were the innocent flush of pink that a small child might have in the cold. He placed a cool glass of water at her bedside in the mere chance that she'll awaken and left it at that. He knew that all he could do was give her was time. When her mind was ready to accept her previous life and her plagued memories, that is the moment she'll wake up, and no one knows how long that could take. It could take days, weeks, possibly even months. It all depends on how willing she is to accept the truth.

Inside Aleysia's head, she was being catapulted through memories. She was being forced to relive everything that had been taken from her. And she was finally conscious enough to realise what was happening. With each memory that she remembered, the more herself she began to feel, the more in touch she was with her current reality. She felt Klaus there with her last night. His touch was the one comfort that she found herself clinging to because she now knew that he was there. He was real. So was she. Her memories have been brutal, there were things that she would have rather kept hidden then have to relive but just feeling Klaus' presence lessened her anguish. She was in the dark, hidden from everything she was searching for but he appeared last night as her saving grace. Her sun, the hope of life. She would fight. Fight as hard as she can to return to him. He deserved that. . . So did she.

England, 1490.

"My lord," Aleysia curtsied, as Elijah greeted her.

"Aleysia," He smiled. "Searching for my brother, I presume?" She couldn't help herself and she grinned, peering over his shoulder.

"Yes. Is he available?"

Elijah stepped to the side and made a motion for her to enter. She nodded and walked gracefully further into the grand room. "It still amazes me," she said.

"As it does most people." He replied. "Niklaus is in the gardens, awaiting your arrival."

"Thank y-" a loud crash sounded from somewhere deeper in the house, followed immediately by a fearful scream. And in the next moment, Elijah was gone.

Aleysia swallowed thickly and looked around. Where could he have gone? What was that noise? She was unsure whether her invitation to proceed to the gardens was still open or whether or not she was to leave immediately. She didn't have time to make her decision.

"Hello," warm breath brushed against the side of her throat. The loose strands of hair tickled her skin. She jumped at the sudden presence and spun on her heels.

A young man stood before her, dressed just as dashingly as the Mikaelson brothers. His hair brown loose, messy compared to most she'd seen, but her eyes were drawn to the blood around his mouth. There was no mistaking the red liquidy substance and she felt uneasy in the mysterious man's company.

"You wouldn't happen to be the lovely Aleysia, now, would you?" She already saw the answer in the way his lips stretched wide over his pink teeth. Aleysia felt sick, like a bag of stones had somehow been dumped inside her stomach, the pressure was tight and heavy. It was a fear that was unregistered in her system. Never before had she had much of a reason to be afraid, but this man disrupted feelings she was sure had been dormant.

He took a step toward her. "You're the commoner my brother has decided to keep around." He looked her over and then made a noise at the back of his throat. "Not quite sure why he hadn't just given in. You smell heavenly."

"I-I-" She couldn't form any words. It was as if her tongue had frozen on her, unwilling to work.

"'I-I-' what was that?" He smirk grew with his taunting words. "Did you say something? I couldn't quite make it out, Darling."

She took a step back. And he took one forward. "Please," she finally managed to say. Although she would have been surprised had he heard her. It came out as nothing but a squeaked whisper.

"Please what, sweetheart?" The distance between the two was quickly dwindling as the mysterious man advanced predatorily towards her.

"Stop," she tried her hardest to sound strong. But she was shaking, she knew that he could see straight through her, there wasn't much hiding.

"Kol!" Niklaus appeared at Aleysia's side, and he was furious. His hand grabbed hers and yanked her seemingly uncaringly behind him, shielding her from the Brother-to-brother stare off. Kol wasn't all that affected by his brother and smirked lazily. "That's enough!" Klaus growled.

"Oh come on, I was just having a tad bit of fun. You used to know what that meant," Kol said.

"She is not to be touched."

"You should have probably made that a little clearer, when you said that the first five hundred times."

"When I say something, I expect you to obey me. I do not take nicely to your blatant disregard to my rules."

"It's always rules with you. Let us live, Nik. and I'd like to start that with her." He peered around Klaus' body and wiggled his fingers teasingly at Aleysia, who cowered closer to Niklaus' back.

"Don't push me brother," Niklaus warned with a dangerous growl. "I will not hesitate to shove a dagger through your heart once more."

Kol's face steeled over and he scowled. "Again with the dagger threats." He raised his hands innocently. "Fine, i'll leave her be. " He found his smirk once again. "Perhaps we'll become friends - you always did hate sharing."

Present day, Mikaelson Mansion.

A small, choked gasp filled the room and Aleysia sprung up in the bed, sweating and breathing heavily. A single word falling from her cracked lips in tired desperation, 'Kol.'