Chapter Sixteen - Wake up.

Aleysia's body jerked unconsciously in the large bed. Her eyelids fluttering as she moved. She was being propelled back through time, re-living every moment that had been taken from her. It was as if she was living her past life again. That was both a blessing and a curse.

1490 - England
"Aleysia, darling, would you join us for a moment." Her mother called from the 'family room'. Aleysia piled the wet plate onto the wooden counter top and made her way to her parents.
When she entered the room she stopped. Her gaze locked onto the tall stranger sitting uncomfortably on the precariously balanced stool. Her mother and father stood around the edges of the rooms smiling, all but comfortably.

"Yes?" She said. She stood awkwardly in the small alcove,
"This is Sir William Horn," Her mother said. "His father was the Lord Mayor of London several years ago."
Aleysia politely stepped forward, hand outstretched. Sir William stood up and he towered over Aleysia's small form, and usually it would have been uncomfortable and intimidating, but the soft smile on the lips put her at ease. A little. He took her hand gently, "It's a pleasure to meet you," he pressed a kiss to her knuckles.
Her cheeks flared and she bit her lip as she curtsied. "Likewise."
"This is something very important that we need to discuss with you, sweetheart." Her father stepped forward this time and placed a hand on her shoulder. She dropped her hold on Sir William's hand and moved back into her father's side.
"Of course, father." She motioned to the rickety stools. "Shall we sit?"
Sir William perched back on his stool. He was on the verge of being too big for it and it amused Aleysia just the slightest too see such a tall man trying to fit in. Her mother and father took the remaining stools and Aleysia stood between the two. She wasn't sure what it was that they wanted to discuss but she didn't think that getting comfortable would be the best option.
Her mother reached out and grasped her hand in hers and she squeezed it. "Aleysia, darling, you've been so vacant lately. You've been avoiding us at dining times and dismissing you duties around the town - that's not like you. We've both tried to discuss this with you on multiple occasions but you always seem to be disappearing."
Aleysia dropped her gaze. "I'm sorry."
"It's not your apology that we're after, Aleysia, we just want to help you. People in the town have been talking and you happen to be their key topic of discussion. Mainly, your lack of settlement."
"Because I don't have a husband." She said dejectedly. Her eyes widened and she looked from Sir William to both her parents. "Is that the reason for . . . "
Her parents nodded. "We need this for many reason and we know that your beliefs don't support-"
"It's alright, Mother," Aleysia cut her off. "I understand."
That seemed to stump everyone. "Are you sure?"
"I'm happy to do what I can to help. You've been patient with me thus far, it's only right that I take your encouragement as something to consider. I know you'd like nothing more than to witness me settle down. This-" she inhaled sharply "-this could my chance." She didn't believe anything that she was saying. She didn't want this. She didn't want to get married, especially to a stranger. It wasn't what she saw for herself when she daydreamed about her future. But she couldn't cause her parents any more concern. Even if it meant she didn't get to live the life she wished, her parents would be happy and after everything that they had given up for her, she owned it to them. Although she wished that it had been someone more of her class. She knew that the expectations of her were going to be high standing beside the previous Lord Mayors son.
"And your thoughts on this, Sir?" Aleysia turned to the young man.
Sir William smiled again, "You will not find me turning my back."
"There's something I do not understand," She said.
Sir William waved her on.
"Your father supporting it. In the eyes of your people, I'm a simple commoner, it's not exactly considered normal for our two classes to intermingle, let alone marry."
Sir Williams's hands clasped together on the table surface, "My father has yet to be informed. It is my decision on who I marry and if my father disagrees then he disagrees. I don't agree with the social barriers between our classes and if someone as influential as I marry 'a commoner' – as you so eloquently put it – I could only hope to ease the pressure between the casted groups."
He was like her. He thought along the same lines as she did when it comes to the distinctive line between social groups. Admittedly though, she wasn't as inviting as he seemed to be. He was charming and definitely handsome. He reminded her of Lord Niklaus in that aspect, however the lord was more enchanting and mysterious. He was compelling and enthralling to be around. She loved it. Knowing that she was going to have to keep her distance from him from now on, hurt a little. She was really beginning to like him, he was showing her that her Lord prejudice was nothing but a childish judgement based on nothing but personal opinion.

Her mother and father stood up, "We'll leave you two to talk." They moved around the small room to leave but her mother lingered by Aleysia. "Do not frighten him off."
"I'll try my hardest," She said, rolling her eyes.
"How long have they been commuting with you about this?" Aleysia asked. She sat down on one of the vacant stools.
"A while." He replied. "We wished to cover every aspect of this before finalising on a decision. They only want what is best for you, Aleysia, nothing more. And they believe that I'm just that."
"And how do you truly feel about being forced into marriage?"
"With you?"
Aleysia looked away from him. "Yes. I wish not to force anyone to marry someone they do not want."
"I've known your father since I was a young boy. He's whom my father trusted in moulding our swords and he's taught me all I know in the art the forging. It's the reason he felt he could approach me with this – he trusts me. "
"You're not answering my question."
"I've never fallen in love, Aleysia. I don't know what it feels like and I don't know what to expect, but I'm willing – I'm happy to try this with you. You're beautiful and not to mention word has travelled far about you and your unique ways of treating people. Even in London we've heard about you, you're adoration for the children, your selflessness, it's inspiring. You're the kind of woman I would like to fall in love with. Someone pure of heart and overall magnificent."
Aleysia stared at him, not at all ladylike; mouth ajar, eyes wide. No one had ever said something so beautiful to her before. It was something she would have wished she could have heard from her parents at some point to show that they appreciate her and what she's doing for people that have less than she does. But just sitting here beside the man that is now her fiancé, listening to him tell her how much he thinks of her, was heart warming. Maybe she could do this; maybe she could learn to love him.
Maybe this won't be so bad.

Present Day.

The entire room seemed to freeze. Stefan and Damon both took a step back. They didn't like the Mikaelson's but they knew when to back off and right now was a perfect time.
Klaus' face had dropped and he just stared at his brother. "What?"
Kol exhaled. "She's alive, Brother. And she needs us."
"Us?"
Kol's jaw clenched. "Yes, us. She's means just as much to you as she does to me. And whilst you disappeared, I remained by her side, giving her the comfort she seeks."
Something in Klaus changed. "You're lying." his lips pulled back in a snarl. "I should drive a dagger through your heart for such manipulative lie. How dare you!"
"What are you talking about? Why would I lie to you about this? You know how close Aleysia and I were in the past. I would not torment you with her."
"I. Don't. Believe. You." He snapped through gritted teeth.
"Why're you fighting me on this brother. She's at home and she needs you. Why're you turning your back on her?"
"Because she left me again! She's dead Kol and I want to make everyone that was involved suffer."
"Your need for revenge will ruin everything that you have. If she awakens and you're not their, do you know how lost she's going to feel? How scared? And you really alright with letting her suffer."
"She's dead." Klaus said. "And I'm going to mourn then move on. It's what she would have wanted."
Kol laughed synically, with a disapproving shake of his head. "You know that all she's ever wanted was for you to fight for her. That's something you've always failed at, brother, I don't know why I though this time would be any different." he turned to the Salvatore brother. "he's your problem now. Do with him as you will. I no longer care."
Kol disappeared out the door, slamming it shut behind him, leaving Klaus and the brothers alone. He was furious and disappointed. He could only imaging what Aleysia will feel when she awakens to find Klaus elsewhere, not caring. His heart burned at the thought of her distress. She was all alone with her lover refusing to be by her side. Klaus deserves everything that he gets.

In the Salvatore house, Klaus stood motionless, staring at the wall ahead. Mind spinning on the possibility that Kol really was telling him the truth. And if so, how exactly was he supposed to process this kind of information. If she had lived, he'd left her all alone. He shook his head. She would understand him not being here. He was going to avenge her. Living or not, she was wronged by people he knew and he wasn't going to let them get away with it. She deserved better. She deserved so much better than him and the life she'd been cursed with. He should have left her back in the 1400s. Backed away and let her marry the normal, human man. The one who protected her, loved her and cherished everything thing she was. She deserved a normal human life.
Klaus knew that that's what he should have done, to protect her, but even thinking about it made his heart hurt. He was weak when it came to her; he loved her like he had never loved anyone before. And that love has not changed in the centuries she had been hidden from him. She was the only one that had succeeded in purely and innocently capturing his heart and as much as he should, he wouldn't want it any other way. His will isn't strong enough to give her up. He can't. He couldn't then. He couldn't even do that when she was gone. And there is no way that he would now. She's his. She'll always be his.

The room was dark. Elijah had switched the light off when he left and Aleysia said exactly where she had been the entire time. She still looked dead, except now her heartbeat was loud and strong. It beat with a determined purpose and Klaus slinked in closer, dropping himself into the armchair beside her. He grabbed her hand gently and pressed a kiss to her cold and clammy hands.
"Wake up for me, alright," He whispered. "I'm right here. I just need you to wake up." He brushed her hair away from her cheek and ran his fingers through it. "I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It'll get better, I promise. I'll make sure of it. When you awaken we'll leave. I'll do that for you. We can go wherever your heart desires. I'll show you the world. I'll teach you everything you need or want to know. " His voice was hoarse as he willed his tears away. "I'll take you wherever you want; I'll show you what life is supposed to be like; fun and carefree. I'll show you all the magnificent gardens of the world and I will continue to stare at you like you're the most enchanting creature I've ever met. You haven't change, Aleysia. You're still the soft, beautiful and kind-hearted woman I fell in love with all those years ago. I want to give you the world. And as soon as you open you're eyes, its there for you, anything you want; it's yours."
It wasn't much and it was barely noticeable. But the weak squeeze on his hand did things to him that he didn't know he could feel. Relief flooded him and he didn't hold back. He let himself cry. He pressed a wet kiss to her hand again. "I'm here. I'm right here."