Chapter 0

Bathed under a white light, a slender figure could be seen reclining on the sofa. Her head arched on the backrest, leaving her black and lustrous hair cascading down the floor. In front of her were her long stretched out legs.

Irene just came back this morning after filming a movie in Country M. Minutes after her flight landed at the crack of dawn, her manager hurled her away to shoot another advertisement. It was no surprise that she slumped onto the sofa, dead tired. She missed her comfy mattress.

Though beat-up, her exquisite beauty wasn't concealed. Porcelain skin, pink and tantalizing lips, and that straight nose bridge—clearly God has a favorite.

While immersed in her own world, an unwanted interruption popped up.

*RING RING RING RING*

The shrill cry of a phone pierced the air. It was a stark contrast to the serenity in the room.

Her curled, dark eyelashes trembled.

A slight irritation emerged in her amber pupils.

"Hello." Pinching the bridge of her nose, a melodious voice resounded.

"Who's this?" exhaustion coated Irene's words.

"Hi, is this a relative of Elizabeth Blake?" a woman answered.

The background of the other end were scampering footfalls and cries of multiple people.

Irene's eyebrows scrunched up, wondering what could have happened to her sister. She looked down at her watch and noted that it was already 6 o'clock in the evening. Elizabeth should have headed home by now. But, the commotion on the caller's side made her think otherwise. She was starting to worry.

In the blink of an eye, gone was her fatigue as Irene straightened her back.

At present, Y City was already preparing for its nightlife. People from all walks of life were already in their cars or were hopping on buses and trains. They were eager to spend their Friday night on full blast.

Unfortunately, Irene couldn't share their enthusiasm.

Her eyes were hooded, and she felt her heart start to quicken.

With a solemn tone, she answered, "I'm her sister. Did anything happen to Liz?"

"Ma'am, your sister was involved in a car accident. The doctors are now trying their best to keep her alive." The calm tone of the nurse didn't help. The moment her words reached Irene's ear, dread surged in her heart.

Her head lowered, and her hands started to sweat.

A sudden and static beep penetrated her ears, dulling the clamor and words coming off of the phone.

Her mind was blanketed with a grayish haze, trying to isolate her. She was starting to lose herself.

But before it could fully enclose her, she managed to pull herself together.

Get a grip, she admonished.

She slightly shook her head while clenching the phone. She said with gritted teeth, "Which hospital is this?"

"S Hospital. Ma'am, plea—"

Irene anxiously cut the call and clutched her purse beside her.

She lost her parents when she was only 18 years old. Her sister was merely an 11 years old child at that time. As the older one, she had to find ways to generate income to raise her little sister. Luckily, she was scouted, and had managed to enter the lucrative entertainment industry. For six years, from being a rookie to gaining millions of fans, Elizabeth has always been by her side.