Chapter 1

[Welcome Host]

A 3D hologram was the last thing Irene saw before she feasted her eyes on the new world before her.

The body she occupied has the same name as hers, and was also a well-renowned actress. However, unlike her, this Irene Blake was an orphan. But it didn't stop the original from achieving her dreams.

From sunrise to sunset, she poured all her blood and sweat to get the recognition she had. Irene was glad to know that they embody the same dream: To become the greatest actress of all time.

Sadly, the original wouldn't be able to achieve that.

Irene reviewed the original's memory and conveniently found that they have the same personality. She didn't need to care much about people suspecting her for acting differently.

She had no idea what happened to the former owner of this body, but it wouldn't prevent her from transforming this character to become a villainess, to trek the path created for her.

For her sister's life, she could do anything. Besides, they were just cannon fodders of the story.

Their existence was devoted to the protagonist. They would always be the supporting character, never the lead.

Irene's sight was glued to the mirror. Much to her surprise, they looked the same.

The same name, body, and personality. Were they mocking her? The uncanny resemblance was too much. Not to be narcissistic, but she would've thought this was a fanfiction written by one of her fans if not for her being the villain.

A knock interrupted her thoughts. Her body went rigid in full caution.

"Open."

The door welcomed a man dressed in casual formal attire. He had a charming smile and sparkling eyes that could hit anyone in the heart.

Behind that cheery look, Irene could discern the irritation brewing within. She raised an eyebrow. Though she was curious how long he could hold it in, her body was still alert.

Irene exhibited a relaxed look, concealing her stiffness masterfully. Her years of acting paid off.

Alex was caught off guard. Is there something on my face? This was just a moment of thought and wasn't reflected in his actions. He strolled like nothing transpired and said genially, "I'm done straightening things up. All that's left is for you to share the promotional video they'll post. You good?"

Irene replied, "I'm good."

Despite his jolly countenance, his swift and neat packing of their belongings proved that he was more than ready to leave this place. He looked like an inmate about to depart prison. He couldn't be happier.

Still, it was bad to display such zealousness lest some gossipmonger ruin their image. He controlled his tone and said,"Then we should return to the company."

His actions were brisk as he took off.

Irene remained standing. It wasn't until Alex's back was facing her that she could move her body, albeit with difficulty. She followed Alex and studied his broad shoulders from behind.

Alex Davidson was this body's manager. Apart from his youthful aura and strict adherence to guidelines, no one came close to this person's skills.

At least Irene wouldn't feel so alone in this world; his charisma was like a fire attracting flies.

They left the studio together through the back exit. A tinted black van was waiting for them downstairs.

Irene got in, followed by Alex.