Chapter 17:- Lucas's Birthday.

LUCAS'S POV

I along with Eli entered my penthouse,and we were about to go to my room,but I stopped in my tracks abruptly when I heard Sanvi calling me from behind.

I turned around to look at her,she was standing, wearing a sweat pants and a off shoulder baggy shirt,it looks like she returned earlier..

"Lucas, Mickey you both are late,it's 8:46 now. Where were you both?" She questioned us in genuine concern.

We were late....
But I didn't know what to say,I didn't know how to behave,I just didn't know anything at all right now, f**k !! Shit!! I feel like punching the hell out of someone,.

What are you hiding Sanvi?

Eli seemed to notice my inner battle and the awkward silence that crept over my own self. So he smiled widely at Sanvi,and she just raised a brow at him in question.

"Aww Anabelle you care so much about us, we are honoured,--- Ah!! ok ,ok don't throw daggers at me now, on a serious note we where busy with some legal issue, that was why we both are late and I was with him too. So please forgive these poor peasants your highness. " Eli overdramatically exclaimed and bowed a little too, I just sighed helplessly at my bestfriend's melodrama,whereas Sanvi rolled her eyes and looked very much tempted to bang Eli's head on the nearest wall.

"Oh!! Ok then, did you both have dinner?" She questioned us,for which I shook my head in negative,so she smiled and ushered us to freshen up quickly, as she was starving.
I just nodded and dragged Eli who was opening his mouth,I am damm sure he was going to start another round of quarreling with her.

"Lucy why did you drag me from there?" Eli exclaimed in a accused tone as we reached my room, I just sat on the edge of my bed and massaged my temples.

"As much as I find your quarreling with Sanvi amusing,I don't really am in the mood to listen to you both blabbering about nonsense,that too for hours,no f*****g way. " I said while grumbling.
Eli just sighed and sat beside me.

"Lucy why don't we just confront Sanvi about this? Or I can just twist my words,and I'll try to get it out of her someway, hmm what say?" Eli said and I knew he was extremely concerned about me.
But ...
I sighed heavily

"Eli,you and me, we both are aware that Sanvi cannot be fooled,she is freaking smart,and on top of that she is a Psychiatrist,we can't really make out what is going on in her mind and she will definitely know that we are trying to twist her own words. She is not easy to fool,and I don't why,but I can't confront her, atleast not now,so you just try to find Nathaniel as soon as possible. I think it will be better if I speak to him. Hmm " I informed my plan to Eli, which I think he didn't like,as he had a disapproving look on his face. I know it was the best if I would have discussed with Sanvi,shit!!
Something wasn't letting me do so...
The next best option was Nathaniel Rossi.

If he didn't know anything about the marriage then?

I swallowed thickly at the thought of Nathaniel knowing nothing about our marriage.
Would he try to get her back?
I felt my chest tighten...
I clenched my fists
Shit!!
I just shook my head to clear out these thoughts and went inside the cloakroom to freshen up as Eli too exited out of my room.
.
.
.
.
.
I exited out of the cloakroom, feeling better and fresh,
I walked into Eli's room and saw that he was still in the process of wearing his t- shirt.
Just as I was about to tell him to hurry up, Sanvi's voice hollered calling us to hurry up, till here.
I snorted at that and Eli hurried past me wearing his shirt backwards.
I just rolled my eyes at the scaredy cat and ascended the stairs behind him.