Nicked (Ep1)

Music blares in the girls ears as she sits on the red sofa, Sapphires legs over hers, a new book in hand not caring about the commotion around her.

She's taken out of her thoughts when Mike, one of the care workers, suddenly lets out a cry. "Come here! Come here! Come here!"

The children gather around the telly, Aria rolls her eyes and takes out her head phones wanting to know what the fuss is all about.

    "Who is she?" Lily asks as confused as everyone else in the room right now.

  "It's Tracy Beaker," Mike desperately says like they know who she is.

  Aria shakes her head and goes back to reading but it's no luck when Carmen starts to chant, saying she knows someone famous.

   "That's lovely and everything," Aria mentions standing up, shutting her book closed. "But i'm going out. See you all later."

She leaves the group of children and heads up to her room. Aria dumps her book onto her messy desk before grabbing her jacket and sliding on her black boots. Then, she makes her way back downstairs after shutting her door behind her. She steps out into the driveway, the light wind blowing her brown hair around as she makes her way out onto the street.

   "Liam O'Donovan," She mutters to herself. "What have you done now?"

         ***

Aria Sampson and Liam O'Donovan are currently running through the streets, a man holding a bin bag behind them.

"I don't know why you drag me into these things!" Aria yells, trying to keep the smile off her face.

"It's cause you love me!" Liam yells back laughing.

The two carry on running until they spot a family walking, quickly whipping off their jumpers and slowing down slightly, they manage to blend in confusing that angry man.

That is until Liam decides to turn around spoiling their plan.

"Why did you do that for!" Aria yells as the two take off again. "That could of worked!"

Suddenly, a car pulls up in front of them causing the two to slam their bodies against it, finally letting the man catch them.... As well as a female police officer.

"Great," Aria whispers to herself.

****

"And I should charge you for waiting my time," Liam  says walking in with the same Police Officer. Aria trails a little behind, dreading for Mike to pick her up. "Cause that's what this is. A wait of my time."

The officer walks up the desk, dumping the bag i tip of it. She turns back to Aria who's quietly standing the comer, too used to being in these situations. From being her when her dad is arrested, to being her for the countless times she's been taken in.

No matter the occasion, being here right now doesn't give her nice memories.

"Kid pulled a service wash scam down the launderette," the Officer informs the person behind the desk. "Charged a fiver for it." She pulls out pink clothes, laying them out in front of her.

"I did his washing, didn't I?"

"Yeah, and you turned all his clothes pink."

Liam pulls up a pair of red socks, "There's your criminal right there - not me." He puts them back down again, turning around to see if Aria is still there before turning back again. "And she didn't do nothing."

"Name," The one behind the desk sighs not putting up with his crap.

Liam looks around not wanting to speak. He can't give his name or his foster parents will find out meaning Mike will find out. Which also means her social worker will find out potentially sending her to another care home. Causing Aria to get in trouble for something she really didn't do.

"That's the first time he's shut up since I nicked him, sarge."

"Park him over there, give him a chance to think." The man says as the women shows Liam to a seat besides a girl.

He looks back up again, deeply sighing at spotting the young girl who's still quietly standing. "Ah, Aria," He shakes his head, pulling out a file from one of the cabinets. "Go sit next to him, taking it he's one of your friends."

"I didn't do anything, please don't call Rebecca." Aria tells him trying to pull her best innocent face.

After a while the man sighs, "Okay. But you need to stay here until that Lad tells us his name."

As if Liam was listening — which he was — he suddenly gets up and walks towards the counter. "You know what? Cause you're a fun guy, i've decided to tell you my name."

***

"Arrested? The both of you? Again!" Mike says pulling the two across the car park towards the Minnie buss. "How many times do I have to pick you up from places like this?"

"Technically we weren't though cause the cuffs never got onto us," Aria says trying to diffuse the tension. However, all she receives is a deadly glare from Mike and a small grin from Liam.

"Dunno," Liam says answering Mike's last question, Hoping to keep the tension off Aria. "If there's a limit, tell me, so I can arrange with someone else."

"I don't think it's funny that you've been arrested," Mike says, his voice even and his face straight. "Both of your social works have been contacted. Liam, yours will meet us when we get to your foster parents and Aria, yours will be waiting for us when he get back."

"And tracy!" Mike says turning his anger towards his old Child in care who's walking with the three. "You published your own book?! With Cam's money?! Tracy! How could you?"

While the two adults talk, Liam and Aria walk in front of them, mimicking the two as they speak.

"So Mike," Liam says cutting them off, leaning against a Police car. Aria joins him, sitting on-top of the bonnet. "So, I better stick with the Artful Dodger thing for now, what d'you reckon?"

Aria and Tracy let out a laugh before Mike walks off.

Aria sticks her hand out for a secret high five, Liam placing his down behind his back as they walk.