The tree (Ep4)

It's the next morning and Aria is downstairs at the breakfast table with the rest of the house, watching Frank as he suddenly sits up, loudly yawning.

"What time did you go to bed last night Frank?" Tracy asks concerned. "And Johnny, where's Tee?"

"How should I know?" Johnny sasses back. "I'm just her brother."

"Right you lot," Tracy says after calling another house meeting (that's why everyone is sat at the table). "After yesterday's.... events. I've decided there'll be no more trading, exchanging, or swapping chores. You can all do your own jobs."

"Hey!" Harry yells slamming his hands on the table in annoyance.

The kitchen erupts into yells, Johnny storming away.

"Ohhhh." Liam taunts him, tutting. "Someone's not happy. What's the point in tidying up if we don't get a reward?"

"Because Liam. If this place turns into a tip then things will start to go missing. Like the TV remote." She pulls out the remote, holding it up in the air, not letting Harry snatch it from her hands. "Complain as much as you like, but this is your home so you better start treating it like one. Okay?"

Liam and Aria walk around the house together, picking up any rubbish they can find and placing it in a black bin in Liam's hand.

"Hey," Liam calls Aria over to show her what he found from behind the sofa cushions. The two share a look before opening up Tracy's book, jumping onto the pool table to read it.

Aria places her head in the crook of his neck, his arm goes around her shoulder as they both hold the book, reading it with interest.

For some reason, the two find themselves walking past Gina and Tracy talking. Liam bites into an apple with his head still in the book. While Aria walks behind him casually, smiling and waving at the two other women who share a confused look.

They walk into Liams room, said boy drops his book and apple straight away confusing Aria.

"What's going on?" She asks as he scrambled onto the floor.

"Tracy's books have gone missing," he tells her confused.

Aria thinks for a while, sharing a look with her best friend. "Frank." They say at the same time.

Walking out into the street, they're met with Frank standing next to a sign reading 'Book signing here' with boxes of Tracy's books around it.

"Totally Frank," Liam reads, picking up one of the books on display with Franks face on them. "A boys story about Care homes ... and other stuff."

"So this is why you're tired?" Aria asks, leaning on the fence just behind them. Frank nods.

"Fake book signing, pretty good idea," Liam starts to congratulate him. "What happens when they open the cover— and realise it's Tracy's picture underneath?"

"Or perhaps, read the first sentence and realise it's nothing to do with this Frank kid at all?" Liam places the book down, leaning on the boxes. "Why didn't you tell us? We could have helped ya."

"It was supposed to cheer you up," Frank tells him.

Liam looks down in gratitude, "You done all this for me?" He pauses and claps his hands. "So how many have you sold so far?"

"Erm... well... None."

"Here you go," Aria sighs, pulling out a £5 note and giving it to Frank. "I can't bare to see you guys mope around any longer."

Before the boys could convince her to take it back (knowing why she saves up all the money as well as claiming it's too much) Sapphire suddenly comes running towards them in a panic, "Frank, Liam, Aria, quick! Tee's in trouble!"