Precious (Ep5)

The Dumping Ground is saying goodbye today to Lily and her younger twin sisters — Poppy and Rosy. They've been fostered by a lovely couple.

Aria stands in the corridor next to the others, snickering to herself as a sweaty, out of breath Tracy runs through the door.

She hunches over breathing heavily before looking up at everyone. "Travel card empty. Got kicked off the bus. Ran the whole way here," she explained before running up the stairs to check on the girls.

"Well that was a sight," Liam snickers, standing up from the piano seat he was sharing with Aria. He sticks out his hand for Aria to grab, helping her stand up.

They both head into the living room to wait for the sisters.

The group stand outside the house, watching Carmen say goodbye to her best friend. Aria clutches Liam's hand, slowly taking Franks as well as a tear slips down her cheek.

Saying goodbye to people you have lived with for so long is always hard no matter if you aren't that close to them. It's even worse having to see their best friend break down while everyone else gets on with their lives like it didn't affect them.

When it was Aria's first time saying goodbye to Liam it was like her whole world shattered around her for the second time. (The first was when she was taken away). But luckily she had Frank by her side who was also missing him. It also helped that they both go to the same Secondary school.

However, by the second, third and now fourth time of saying goodbye to Liam, she doesn't worry as much knowing he will always come back.

The car in front of her pulling away brings her back to real time, the other children running with the moving car, waving goodbye. Aria stays back with the adults and Carmen, her arm sling over the younger girls shoulders for comfort.

"It'll be okay," Aria whispers, kissing Carmens hair line. The younger girl sighs, pulling her friend into a much needed hug.

**

"So what's new at home?" Chris asks, gulping down some Pepsi, staring at Aria intensity.

The two are sat at a random bench in town sharing a box of chips from the local fish and chip shop. Liam was with them but he wandered off somewhere, probably to go scam some person for chips instead of paying for them himself.

Aria shrugs, "The usual— oh Lily and her sisters got fostered today." She says drinking her own coke.

"The two little girls who are always quiet and never really talk?" The slightly older boy asks wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Mhm they're the ones."

The two talk for a little while more about anything and everything until Liam comes walking over.

"Time to go, Gina's here," He tells Aria grabbing her drink and taking the last gulp of it. "Frank's with her. Just came back from his Grandads."

"That was my drink," Aria says frowning.

"I know that's why I drank it."

"That was probably all my slober. You just drank my saliva!" Aria teases him.

Chris' eyes dart back and forth between them like a tennis match, grinning as he watches them with interest. "It's like watching an old married couple."

The two arguing teens look at him at the same time. "Shut up," they both say with a slight smirk from talking in sync.

"Well I have to go, say Hi to Gina from me!" Chris says, quickly hugging Aria and dabbing Liam up like lads do.