Gus (Ep2)

Aria is once again, sat on the sofa with her headphones in. And when she says, her headphones, she means Sapphires since she still can't find hers.

Her peace — like always— was soon interrupted by the loud screech of Gina from upstairs.

"WHAT. ARE YOU DOING?"

Deciding to be nosey, Aria quickly puts her phone in her pocket and sprints to the stairs. Laughing behind Gina's back while she yells at the others. Tobey and Johnny have a bed in the hallway while Carmen and Lily have Lily's mattress.

"You were supposed to wait until Tracy helped you move room!" Gina points towards Carmen.

"She did wait!" Lily defends her best friend.

"But Tracy never turned up."

"She never does anything she's supposed to." Johnny chimes in.

The group all look at each other before a hand sticks around the corner and the struggled voice of Frank could be heard, "Help!"

"Hey." Aria says towards the younger children, letting Gina walk past her. "Let me help yous until Tracy comes."

"Please," they all yell at once.

Finally, Aria helps them put Carmens bed into Lily's room without it scraping the walls. Leaving again before the two young girls could boss her around as well.

However, on her way she runs into Gus, sighing down at his notepad.

"What's wrong?" Aria asks him with a frown.

"TV girl is late for the tour. It was meant to be at 9:40. She's almost 20 minutes late," he tells her. "I've already done my piano practice."

"Why don't you start it with me?" Aria asks trying to find a solution.

"I guess. But then she will miss out of some of the tour."

"I'm sure she's on the way, try reading a book or sorting your piano things out. It gives you time to prepare?"

"Yeah. Thanks Aria," Gus says walking back downstairs to his piano.

"Aria!" Frank's voice calls out before the girl could put her headphones back in. "Aria! Guess what Mike just told me."

"What did Mike tell you Frank?"

"Liam's coming back!" He tells her with a grin.

"Really?" Aria asks, just as excited. She knew it was about time for him to come back since he has never lasted long at a home.

"I'm going to go wait for him," Frank tells her, running back down the stairs again to get ready for Liam coming home.

Aria finally takes a deep breath, waiting a few seconds to make sure none else calls her name, before putting her headphones back in and entering her room.

Aria loves her room, it's been her room for as long as she could remember. There was one point in her life when she was here, that she had to share her room with this stuck up rich girl. But that didn't last long since her parents came back for her. Lucky girl.

Even through the times when Aria was fostered, none took her room.

Laying down on her bed, Aria stares up at the ceiling listening to her music.

Music has always been an escape for her. No matter what's going on around her, if she had her music she would stay calm and collected.

It was finally peaceful. She could finally daydream about anything she would like.

Until a knock came from her door.

"Come in?" Aria calls out staring at the door. Gus enters with Tracy next to him.

"This is Aria's room. You have to knock if you want to come in or she will chuck something at you. Most of the time it's one of the bottles by her bed." Gus informs Tracy.

"Turned up for the day have you?" Aria asks raising her eyebrow. "Only been about what? Half an hour late?"

"Well i'm here now aren't I?"

"Hey! No talking on my tour!" Gus tells her before carrying on.   "Liam was the only one who could walk in unbothered. Even before they were friends. We all found that weird. Sapphire and Aria have their own knock for each other. But they change it every day so no one else copies."

"Thank you Gus," Aria smiles at him. Why is he talking so much about her?"

"Aria doesn't like sharing her room with anyone. She says she can't put up with people breathing loudly next to her."

"Can you go now please?" Aria asks uncomfortably not liking how he knows so much about her. She feels like an animal at a zoo.

"She doesn't like asking people for help so you don't need to worry about disappointing her."

Aria laughs, "Damn does it hurt Beaker!"

"Moving on," Gus says closing the door behind him.