Toby's cursed (E3)

Aria has always hated school.

Everyone is too squashed together while trying to get to class, the younger years are too loud, the teachers are rude and nothing makes sense.

She does try but nothing seems to get through into her head.

Especially how it's near the end of year 10 meaning mocks are coming up for her GCSES.

"Aria Sampson, care to show what's so interesting that you feel the need to disrupt my lesson?" Mr James, her hot headed science teacher demands, spit flying from his mouth and his bald patch dripping with sweat.

She switches off her phone, placing it under her rolled skirt so he can't take it, before looking up at him. "My sisters nudes." She says in the most straight voice ever, obviously it wasn't because 1) that would be weird and 2) she doesn't have a sister.

He narrows his eyes, "Put the phone away." He demands, not falling for her BS.

"Okay," She nods.

In the corner of her eye she catches Liam smirking at her, causing her to turn in his direction and send an exaggerated wink.

***

Luckily, the next day is a Saturday meaning Aria can lay in bed all day relaxing. But obviously, living in a care home, this could be difficult.

"Aria," Toby says quietly knocking on her door. If there is one person in the house who will always listen to your problems no matter what, it's Aria. It's the same for at school, if one of them are in trouble, Aria isn't afraid to stand up for them. They're like her young her siblings.

"Yeah?" Aria yells out welcoming him in. The nervous boy enters, looking around her room in awe. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to get fostered," He says straight away getting to the point.

  "How come?" Aria asks frowning. Normally the children and this home just can't wait to get fostered.

"Isn't it obvious!" Toby yells throwing his hands in the air. "Everywhere I go I spread bad luck."

"No you don't."

"Oh yeah? Just watch."

Aria walks down the stairs after getting ready for the day, she throws on one of Chris' jumpers from the last time she snuck round. Walking into the kitchen, she's greeted with Tracy telling Harry not to get Milk on Jeff.

"4 minutes, 27," Toby calls out looking at his watch.

"I'm on it," Tracy yells scrambling over to the cooker.

"What's going on?" Aria asks pouring some cereal in her bowl that Liam already put out for her.

"Making Toby a brilliant breakfast to prove he isn't full of bad luck," Sapphire tells her.

"This again Tobs?" Aria questions shaking her head.

"Liam toast," Tracy says while carefully moving the egg. Liam ducks down under her arm just before Tracy trips on a chair leg causing the egg to fly up in the air. Everyone in the kitchen stare at it in anticipation just before she manages to grab hold of it again.

They sigh in relief.

The egg is placed in front of the young boy, the others leaning in to see Toby crack it open revealing a perfect cooked egg. That is, until he accidentally pours the whole thing of Salt on it.

"I'll do you another one."

"What's the point?" The young boy asks glumly making Aria feel bad for him. "I told you, from the day I was born. I'm jinxed."