AYA

The gun was pointed right at his head and there was nothing I could do. The room was silent before the sound of the gun went off.

I screamed falling to my knees.

WAIT!!! I think we jumped too far ahead.

Sorry, let me start from the beginning

Sorry, let me start from the beginning. My name is Aya Varloni and I'm twenty-one years old. I was born on July 11th in New York City. I'm into astrology so my zodiac sign is Cancer. I am small for my age but I never complained about it. I'm 5'5 in height and I weigh about 120 pounds. I have a small curvy figure and I like it. My midnight black hair flowed down to my waist. My eyes were dark brown and I was blessed with thick lashes. I'm mixed with Italian and Korean. My father is Italian and my mother is Korean. Unfortunately, they died when I was seventeen in a fire. My father was a chef and he had his own restaurant. It was called Mino's Pizzeria. The restaurant was named after my mother Mino. My father's name was Kyle. I miss them so much every day but they didn't leave me alone. I was blessed with an older brother. Did I say blessed, I actually meant cursed. Aito was my biggest headache, and we argued about everything. We argue about the weather, who lost the remote, and who is going to take the garbage out. He is such a big-headed jerk and he loves to pick on me. I would love to say that we started to get along after our parents died but that's not true. He always uses the same sentence to manipulate me into doing things. He always says if mom and dad were still here. My brother is a total ladies' man. Aito is twenty-five years old. He is about 6 ft in height and has short black hair that's short in the back and long in the front. Trust me, the girls love him. He is covered in tattoos that he started getting when he was sixteen but he is very handsome. Despite the piercings that he has under his eye and on his lip. We both take after our mom but my dad never complained. I feel like Aito was gifted with his height because I'm short just like my mother. My brother and I live in our family home. We grew up in the house and it's the only home that I've ever known. Were lucky that mom and dad paid the house off after they died because we were able to stay here. We still had bills but at least we didn't have to worry about where we would live. I spend a lot of my time at work because the bills won't pay themselves and I'm attending college. My brother has a job but I don't question him about it. The last time that I did, he flipped out and told me to stay out of his business. So, as long as he has his half of the bills, I don't care. Just as long as it's nothing illegal because I don't have the money to bond him out of jail but knowing him, he probably did. But enough about my brother, I'm in college to be a nurse. I graduate in a year and I couldn't be happier about it. I work at a paint store helping people pick colors of paint when they are redecorating their homes or offices. It keeps me busy and I work Monday through Friday until four in the evening. As much as I loved my job, I took a vacation because today was my birthday. I decided to go shopping because I needed a new outfit. I had my whole day planned out because I was finally turning twenty-one. I had one friend and I had known her since elementary school. Her name was Kimi and she was like a sister to me.