EPILOGUE

I walked towards the water and I could see Satoni standing there

I walked towards the water and I could see Satoni standing there. He told me that he wanted to meet with me before he left Spain. I wasn't sure what he wanted to talk to me about because I thought that we said everything that we wanted to say to each other. But I guess there was something that he wanted to say to me without everyone else around. I stood beside him and stared at the sun setting in the distance. It was beautiful and it had been a while since I noticed just how beautiful it was. The birds were flying in the sky silently and I smiled. This is what peace looked and felt like. Satoni cleared his throat and I looked at him.

"I wanted to meet with you because I wanted to give you two things. They are very important to me and I trust you enough now. Before I get into that though, I feel like I owe you an apology. I took someone away from you that you loved. I could have saved her, but I didn't. I hated you so much that I wanted to see you suffer for what I thought you did to my sister. But now, I see that it was wrong what I did. I have Athena now, and she means the world to me. I couldn't imagine her begging someone not to hurt her, and they do anyway. Isabella was your world and I took her from you. I should have done more. I should have told my father to stop, but I didn't."

"You know the feeling because you lost Alondra." I sighed, looking out at the water.

He nodded his head, "yeah. I didn't want to see her get hurt. I tried to save her, but I couldn't. I cared about her and I felt bad about what happened to her sister. I don't want Athena to suffer because she loves me. I have never loved anyone more than I love her."

"I understand," I whispered.

"Then you know the feeling. I can't be without her...I won't. She is not only my wife, she is my soul mate. She is the mother to my children, and I would kill a million men if they ever tried to take her from me. I feel like because I want to protect her, I hurt her."

I smiled, "I know that you can protect her. You are the leader over all of us, and you're strong. You are the one that we envy. You did what we wish that we could. You got married, started a family, and changed the cycle for all of us. You gave us something to look up to. I have to be honest with you, I'm jealous of and I always have been."