DREAM OR REALITY

Vain and I played two more games and I was lucky enough to win them both

Vain and I played two more games and I was lucky enough to win them both. We only had two more games left and as of right now I was in the lead. I was happy that I was winning but at the same time it bothered me because I knew that he wasn't in the right mindset. I felt like he didn't even care about the games anymore and was allowing me to win at this point. I wanted to talk to him about allowing me to leave now. I walked into the pool room and he was playing pool by himself. I hadn't seen him all day but I had a feeling that he was going to be here. When he saw me enter the room he looked up and went right back to playing pool.

 When he saw me enter the room he looked up and went right back to playing pool

"I was wondering if we could talk."

"About what?" He mumbled hitting the ball into the hole.

"I know that you have had a lot going on lately and I feel like you don't care about the games as much anymore. I am winning right now and we only have two more games to play, and I just feel like we shouldn't play them. I can tell that you are no longer interested and you're letting me win."

He laid the stick down on the table and took a step towards me. "Is that what you think?"

I was hesitant to answer but I knew that's why I came. I came to talk to him so that we could get a better understanding of what was truly going on. "Yes, that's what I think and I'll be more than happy to leave and take my brother with me."

"It doesn't matter if you are in the lead. You still have to play ten games and don't think for a second that I'm allowing you to win."

"There's no point in us playing anymore. I've won six games and you've only won two. Even if you were to win the last two games I would still be the winner. There's no point in fighting a losing battle."

I blinked and he was standing right in front of me. He was fast and now he was upset. I could tell by the look in his eyes. "It doesn't matter if you've won. I am the one that makes the decisions and if I want to kill your brother, I will."

"You are so heartless. I don't know what your problem is and it's not my job to figure it out. You can't go back on what you said. I won so release my brother and give me my one million. At this point, I don't even care about the money. I just want to take my brother and leave this place."