RUSH & ROULETTE 2

It was time to play the second round of rush and roulette and I wasn't ready

It was time to play the second round of rush and roulette and I wasn't ready. I was scared because I didn't know what to expect. Who would we hurt this time? Why were these men being hurt in the first place? I didn't want my brother to be in a situation like this and so I had to play. I didn't need to just play, I had to win. I lost the last round and so I needed to be sure that I won this round. Vain walked into the room and I took a step back. He noticed instantly and smirked, I hated when he did that. He loved to see that I was scared of him, and I needed to stop giving him that satisfaction. He picked up the gun and handed it to me. I took it quickly and waited for them to bring out another man. I didn't have to wait long because a minute later they were dragging a man into the room. He was covered in blood and his face was beaten badly. I had to look away to stop myself from gagging. What the hell did he do to this man, beat him with a bat? Vain clapped his hands and I frowned. Ugh, he was enjoying this, and it made me sick. He walked over to the guy and grabbed a fistful of his hair yanking it back. I could see the fear in his eyes, and it hurt me. He looked at me as if begging me to help him. I closed my eyes tight but opened them quickly when I heard Vain speak.

"Meet our little friend, Nathan. He has been a bad boy and he is going to be punished. So, today we get to see if he lives or dies."

I wrapped my arms around myself protectively. "Vain, I can't. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, he hurt a woman. He killed her actually...well after raping her."

I gasped and covered my mouth. People like that really existed? Was that the type of thing that happened in the mafia?

"You see, the world isn't all butterflies and rainbows, Aya. We punish men so that they either learn a lesson or they die. You don't commit crimes like that in the mafia unless you are told to. I told him to go get the man that stole from me and he decided to change the rules. He raped his wife and then killed her. That wasn't what I told him to do and now we have cops asking questions. He made more trouble for me than what I wanted, so he will be punished. Now, let's start the game because I have a meeting to go to."

Knowing what he did made me feel better about hurting him, but it still bothered me. I walked over to him and pointed the gun at his foot. Vain chuckled and said No bullet and I pulled the trigger. The gun clicked, and Vain clapped his hands. I handed him the gun and he pointed it at the guy's knee. I said no bullet and he pulled the trigger. Once again, the gun clicked, and he passed it back to me. I pointed the gun at his hand and Vain said bullet. I pulled the trigger and the gun clicked. He was wrong and so that earned me a point. When he took the gun from me, he pointed it at his head. I knew that there was a bullet in this round. I didn't know how, but I knew what was coming.

"Bullet," I whispered. He pulled the trigger and the gun went off. I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes closed. I could feel his blood splatter on my skin and it made me sick. I covered my mouth and clutched my stomach. I felt the vomit creeping up, and I hated it. I couldn't stop the tears from sliding down my cheeks. I couldn't control the heart-wrenching sobs that slipped past my lips. The room was spinning and I felt like I was going to faint.