Chapter 12

The depth of his eyes could drown you if you weren't careful, being lined so sinfully with dark lashes that got you caught up

          The depth of his eyes could drown you if you weren't careful, being lined so sinfully with dark lashes that got you caught up. Our eyes had locked from over his grandmother's shoulder. I was dancing with her since she had lacked any partner and now the dance was coming to a close. I slowed to a stop and finally looked away once Gran squeezed my cheeks. "Thank you honey for the dance" she let go of my face and went to sit down. 

I was walking off the dance floor when a hand grasped mine. I quickly looked over and was relieved to find it was Jasper. He looked so handsome tonight in his white button up shirt and dark slacks. He had his hair styled too. "You don't escape a dance with me" he pulled me over. "Fine, one dance since it's your special night" I agreed. 

He kept his hand in the middle of my back and mine rested on his chest while the other sat in his other hand.

        We swayed to the music peacefully. "This is seriously more beautiful than I imagined" I looked at our surroundings again. All the twinkling lights under the already twinkling sky were just perfect. "I know, they did a good job setting up," he agreed, his hazel eyes darting around at the same decorations I was just looking at. "You're going to be a great Delta" I whispered to him. I felt his grip on me tighten as though he was giving me a hug but we maintained our dancing position. 

Just as the song was ending I felt a tap on my shoulder. By Jasper's confused face I was worried. It was Diego standing there. "May I have the next dance?" he asked. I peeked back at Jasper who shrugged at me. "Sure" I agreed.

         "You're wearing the necklace tonight. I'm glad," Diego touched the pendant before taking me into our dancing position the same as I had been with Jasper, but more poised and less comfortable. "Yeah, well I thought it looked nice with this large slit down my chest" I chuckled at myself. The dress wasn't too revealing but it was definitely cut low. "I agree" he nodded, shifting his gaze from the necklace back to me. 

"Congratulations by the way" I added upon realizing. "Thank you" he smiled, then continued to dance. Jasper was stuck dancing with some random person and he kept sticking his tongue out at me from over the woman's shoulder which was making me laugh. "Are you two dating?" Diego randomly asked when he noticed who I was laughing at and why. 

"No, he's my best friend here," I explained. 

"I thought Melanie was your best friend?" He tested me. "How is it that you know so much about my personal life already when you only just got here?" I turned the tables on him. He chuckled and spun us. "Well Mira, that's my job" he pointed out. 

        His dark eyes glimmered with the way the fire flickered behind us but far enough away that it was only a dot in the reflection of his eyes. When we spun again I was facing Devran's way and saw him dancing with Grace. There were girls lined up waiting for a dance with their new Alpha. The guys only had to endure a certain amount of time, then they were free to party and do their wolf run.