Chapter 51

(18+ SMUT alert)

     (18+ SMUT alert)

         The prophecy was clear. With Devran and my union we would create the next generation of wolves. The Mystic Werewolves. And it's not because this Mate bond manipulates our minds to think we have feelings for people we wouldn't care for without a fated bond. It's contrary to that fact. It's that the bond is fated because we would always care. With or without it, Devran and I were drawn to each other even if it were in toxic ways for a little while. I wasn't convinced of that fact at first because I thought Devran only wanted me for my gifts now that he knew I wasn't merely human. 

The thing is he was still secretly finding ways to keep me for himself even when he did believe I was still only human. He admitted that to me. Jasper backed him up and told me that Dev had confessed the same thing to him, and that Trevor had confessed that even before Devran did. 

I felt bad for Trevor but that major spark was never there. It was a means of forgetting this deep seeded gut pitting feeling of trying to shed Devran from my mind and life. It was payback for rejecting me, but that isn't a reason to date someone else. It wouldn't be fair to Trevor who is a good person.

       I think he already knows it is over before it even starts. Apparently Devran wasn't very quiet about flipping out when my capture was made public. His claim on me was very publicized if Jasper was telling the truth on how things went down while I was gonna. He said people were already calling me Luna even before Devran's reaction because of the moment on the roof when we stood side by side after that bloody battle and looked down over our people as a strong pair. At least that's how they saw it. They said it was a sight to marvel at. 

A beautiful Mystic witch and a bloody brute Alpha werewolf.

          I barely had time with my friends after my return from being captured because once I told Devran our intimate sex had healed our bond he wanted to whisk me away for himself. He looked happy which is a rare sight. I thought Devran brought me to his room to have sex with him again, but to my surprise he just wanted alone time to talk further on what happened and also what the Moon Goddess told me. We ended up laying on his bed side by side looking at each other while our fingers intertwined between our two bodies in the middle of the mattress. 

Once in a while he would reach out and tuck a strand of my hair or caress my side but we didn't lose ourselves to the physical.

 For the first time we talked this long, or maybe since that night he and I were drunk and alone most  of the night talking and fooling around with card games and lighthearted conversation. He and I just talked and got to know each other on a level we hadn't let ourselves get to before this. I think because Devran and I were both using our self preservation when it came to giving into our connection since the earliest days of him returning home.

          We were both afraid to explore that because we felt like the most unlikely of pairs. I think everyone felt that way for most of our shared time. When Devran asked me about my past this time around, I told him everything, well at least more than I was willing to tell most. More than I even told Jasper and Melanie. I told him about my crappy life and he listened carefully and quietly. His face gave him away when he was angry with how Greg treated me or some of the situations I had had to go through on my own.