Chapter 30

Jasper had been weird all week

          Jasper had been weird all week. I tried pulling him aside and talking to him but this was the most standoffish I have ever seen him. I was upset that he didn't want to confide in me because it was quite obvious there was definitely something going on with him. The day before he left for training he came back from his orders ranting and raving about needing to get laid and finding a girl pronto. He ended up hooking up with Melissa from the Grey restaurant who has a huge crush on him, but I thought it was dumb because he doesn't even like her. We bickered a little bit and now he was gone for training all weekend. It chafed at me how we left things off. We never bicker. 

Mel came over to help me find an outfit for my date tonight but she was deeply unsatisfied with the selection of clothing I had and decided she would be lending me an outfit. I told her outright that it couldn't be anything too revealing or out there. I didn't want to appear like I tried so hard. I'm more lowkey than that. 

Since I have the house to myself this weekend while Nealin does his training I had the freedom to try clothes on with her in my living room and finally decide on what it is I am going to wear.

            It was a half necked turtleneck long sleeved cropped top with a pair of trendy high rise pants. I wore my hair in it's natural blonde waves and since my whole shoulders and upper chest was bare from the off the shoulder top I wore my hair down. The color suited my light complexion. "And my masterpiece is complete" Mel gave a chef's kiss as she stepped away from me. I had let her do my makeup but only just a little bit. She did my lashes and gave me a nice highlighted cheekbone. Nothing else. When I looked in the mirror I felt good. 

"Is Trevor going to be a gentleman and come grab you at the door or are you meeting him there?" She asked me. I smiled and blushed. "He's coming to pick me up," I told her. She looked satisfied. "Remember...you have the house all to yourself so if you want a steamy couch makeout session that is more than possible" she told me in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes but groaned in embarrassment. She laughed all the way out my front door. 

Suddenly I was nervous.

        I really am a friendly girl. I get along with everyone in town and yet the idea of acting right on a date just seemed to throw me for a loop. I tried to shake the jitters away when I heard the knock at the front door. I grabbed my bag and stepped out. Trevor's eyes took in my appearance from top to bottom. "Wow, you look great" he complimented me kindly. I stupidly blushed.

 "Thanks" I said softly as he waved for me to start walking. He stepped in line right beside me. "I'm glad it's a nice night. We can take our time walking over" he told me to start the conversation. 

"I'm not going to lie Trevor...I never really had time for dating so...I think I kinda suck at this" I tried to make light of the situation by calling myself out right away. He grinned wide at me and he had a good smile. Straight teeth. "You won't suck. Don't be so hard on yourself" he nudged me playfully. I smiled up at him. He's about Jasper's height. I'm shorter than everyone so I'm always looking up.