Chapter 46

Since Jasper is away at one of his trainings and Melanie isn't usually up this early in the morning I decided to go to the Sacred circle after I made breakfast for the Packhouse

          Since Jasper is away at one of his trainings and Melanie isn't usually up this early in the morning I decided to go to the Sacred circle after I made breakfast for the Packhouse. It was weird when I went inside and nobody was there. No staff and no people that lived here. I guess they forgot to tell me I had the day off. I walked out and was glad I got to go up to the circle earlier than I had planned too. I followed my pink marking trails up until the perfect circular clearing was visible. I was glad to see the moonstone was where I left it. I turned on the candles to honor our Moon Goddess and sat to meditate to see if anything came through to me. Afterwards I would try to practice mastering my gifts. 

I wanted to try focusing on the energy around things because after seeing what felt like the aura of that tree the other day I want to tap into that again. I had shut my eyes and worked to quiet my mind. I'm not sure for how long because I don't keep track and oftentimes it can either feel a lot longer or a lot shorter than it actually was depending on if I got into a trance or not.

        I was startled into alertness when a growl ripped through the quiet air. My eyes snapped open and darted around until I saw an extremely angry looking Alpha stomping through the woods coming straight at me. "What the fuck are you doing out of your house" he shouted at me. I was so thrown off by his tone and angry demeanor that I actually just blinked at him for half a second. "Excuse me?" I had no idea what the source of this behavior was or why he thought he could tell me where to be. 

He stopped mid stomp and a type of recognition washed over his once tense facial features. "Fuck" he cursed to himself. I stood up because he is more intimidating when you're on the ground and a 6'2 muscled wolf man is glaring down at you. He ran a hand through his velvet-like hair and sighed. "I completely forgot Nealin wasn't here to tell you" he shook his head at himself.

        "I have no idea what you're talking about still" I looked at him deadpan. "I sent out a Pack announcement to stay locked indoors. We had a breach of the borders this morning and it's a precaution we take. I forgot you wouldn't have a way of receiving that message for yourself. That's a problem" his brows furrowed and he approached me further. "Oh" was all I said. I had no idea I was in danger but I guess it makes sense why I walked into the packhouse to find it empty. I wonder where they go?

          "Come with me" he grabbed my elbow and started pulling me along. "Let go" I yanked my arm away. "We have a prisoner with us. I don't want you near him" his tone was clipped like it was even my fault I was here right now. I had no way of knowing. "Where?" I looked behind me. "They're a little further behind. Your scent carried through the air and I ran ahead" he explained.

 "Was I in danger?" I wanted to know. His hand naturally went to the small of my back to guide me past an uplifted root on the ground. "Not this time, but we have to figure out a way to get messages across to you. It's dangerous not to have a connection to our lines of communication." I started hearing the footsteps of more people and glanced over my shoulder again, only this time there was a man holding who I assume to be a prisoner and one wolf on the other side as if to keep the man in line.